The Student Room Group

Baldness and lifting

So I am correct in saying lifting speeds up the rate of genetic hair loss?

I'm wondering if there be anyone here affected by this and be you worried what the future holds? Does it scare you out of the gym?

I haven't got a great skull shape unfortunately and once my hair goes I'll look ugly as ****.

This is one thing that saps my motivation. Once I start and plateau early which always happens, I start to think that I am increasing my ugliness levels while my weakness levels stays about the same...idk

Maybe I'm getting depressed again, but ****.

Anyone know this feel?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Et Tu, Brute?
So I am correct in saying lifting speeds up the rate of genetic hair loss?

I'm wondering if there be anyone here affected by this and be you worried what the future holds? Does it scare you out of the gym?

I haven't got a great skull shape unfortunately and once my hair goes I'll look ugly as ****.

This is one thing that saps my motivation. Once I start and plateau early which always happens, I start to think that I am increasing my ugliness levels while my weakness levels stays about the same...idk

Maybe I'm getting depressed again, but ****.

Anyone know this feel?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe its high DHT that causes male pattern baldness (along with a genetic predisposition to it) not testosterone. Although testosterone converts to DHT in the male body at a low % so high T is probably somewhat correlated with high DHT but you could be low in one and high in the other or vice versa.

In any case stop being pathetic, transient increases in T from lifting are not that great, and if you are stalling so badly and so early then you probably don't have high T anyway.
Original post by In One Ear
I believe its high DHT that causes male pattern baldness (along with a genetic predisposition to it) not testosterone. Although testosterone converts to DHT in the male body at a low % so high T is probably somewhat correlated with high DHT but you could be low in one and high in the other or vice versa.

In any case stop being pathetic, transient increases in T from lifting are not that great, and if you are stalling so badly and so early then you probably don't have high T anyway.

Well high t doesn't matter. It is relative to each person.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No. All those bald lifters you see are using. Stop worrying about your hair.
Reply 4
It is DHT and density of an enzyme that processes T in the follicle. If you don't have much in the way of that enzyme then you'll grow a good beard and go bald. The amount of testosterone in your body will determine the speed.

But remember how we were saying before about little differences in testosterone levels not mattering? Same deal here

Quick Reply

Latest