CharmingCat
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I've got a Chemistry test tomorrow and I'm trying to revise as well as I can for it. Does anyone know what the end-of-unit test is like and how to ace it? Thanks!
Jamesstanley0
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Revise the delocalised electrons and what their duties are. You are likely to get a question asking about how electricity or heat can pass through a substance, if asked this you are to mention how the substance is made up e.g. the delocalised electrons carry the current though as they can move throughout. You should know if a metal has a giant metallic structure or a regular metallic structure (when asked about structure in metals these should be used). When it comes to bonding you need to know ionic and covalent. You need to know when these occur and how they occur, for example in covalent the atoms chemically combine to gain full outer shells. You should know the characteristics of each, like covalent are the strongest and are hard to break down. You should also know the structure of diamond and graphite. You need to know the charectistics of them. Diamond, each carbon atom is bonded and joined to four other bonds making them strong and hard to break. Graphite each carbon atom is joined by three other bonds, this allows the layers to slide and move across each other.

i hope this helps and if you have anymore questions feel free to ask.
CharmingCat
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Thank you so much for your help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (57)
4.61%
Uncertainty around my education (190)
15.36%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (137)
11.08%
Lack of purpose or motivation (177)
14.31%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (54)
4.37%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (69)
5.58%
Loneliness (107)
8.65%
Financial worries (43)
3.48%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (57)
4.61%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
4.53%
Lack of real life entertainment (66)
5.34%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (110)
8.89%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (114)
9.22%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise