Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    he didnt have a knife, he said he did but you just knew he didnt, no need to get a brick if he did.

ah well, blocked phone and sim so hopefully its useless to them now, reported it to police and my mate phoned late last night to say he saw the car go down his road again about half an hour after. police coming round later today.

just have to get a new phone grrr...and a taser lol
    Could the muggers somehow unblock it in an illegal fashion, and replace the sim?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Could the muggers somehow unblock it in an illegal fashion, and replace the sim?
    Very easily, there are shops that do it for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Who gets insurance on their phone? It's not worth it.
    virgin (the network i use) were pretty good actually, after blocking my phone they said they would send me a new sim which wuill use my old number and have the credit my old sim had on it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    I think so cause once after I got my mobile stolen (the third time it happened) we kept getting phonebills for hundreds of pounds even though we had phoned up and reported the phone stolen!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    he didnt have a knife, he said he did but you just knew he didnt, no need to get a brick if he did.

ah well, blocked phone and sim so hopefully its useless to them now, reported it to police and my mate phoned late last night to say he saw the car go down his road again about half an hour after. police coming round later today.

just have to get a new phone grrr...and a taser lol
    You'll be ages with the police...my brother got mugged and because there was the threat of violence (and he's a minor) they had to take it very seriously and it took hours for him to make a statement as it all had to be handwritten.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    I think the networks can block by IMEI which is attached to the phone, not the sim. There's probably a cunning way of changing the IMEI by nefarious methods though, as its probably just stored in an EPROM somewhere.
    yeah they took the IMEI number, hopefully its too much effort for them (and money) to get it unblocked

swine-i had violent dreams last night

ReputationRep:
    Matt G! You should have Kill Billed their asses!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    Matt G! You should have Kill Billed their asses!
    Or...do what people at my school do, get someone else to do it for you. Honestly people do have bodyguards no joke!

ReputationRep:
    Take out your ultra-sharp pocket knife and tear them a wide new smile .

In the unfortunate situation you don't have one of those, try and improvise (e.g. poke out their eyes).

If you're out of upfront solutions, you could try running to the nearest population dense area.

If you can't actually run far enough to get away, you can usually run far enough to get attention - e.g. set off a car alarm.

If all else fails, it is only a bit of cash and a phone after all - probably not worth the hassle.

Oh and i forgot the pepper-spray option - spray them until they fall to the floor in pain. Then proceed to force their eyelids open and spray away till their eyes shrivel up and roll out of their heads.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by posh&loaded_lib)
    Or...do what people at my school do, get someone else to do it for you. Honestly people do have bodyguards no joke!
    nah, Id just get the bloody rugby players to protect me.

but just quietly, I do have connections. :cool: :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    but just quietly, I do have connections. :cool: :cool:
    hehe, I just have a chauffeur....

ReputationRep:
    I swear I have a sign saying mug me! I have lost about 5 mobile phones in the space of a month, in chelsea at like 5 in the afternoon .....plus 4 switch cards belonging to my dad.....woops!
    hehe, I just have a chauffeur....
    i wonder why???

why exactly did you have your dads switch card?? not big enough to have your own....bless.

ReputationRep:
    i hate this...when you think of what you could of done and it seems so easy...but when you're there and you heartbeats going you're like....woah

if i just started raising my voice and shouting the people in the houses would have heard me...i think that would have made them run when they realised people would see them.

keys could have been useful.....

everdawn..sadly i didnt have a samurai sword....but if i did.....:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    i wonder why???

why exactly did you have your dads switch card?? not big enough to have your own....bless.
    I see the sarcasm but actually that's true.....I'm not old enough to have my own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    everdawn..sadly i didnt have a samurai sword....but if i did.....:cool:
    Ah well, sadly, but next time im sure.

ReputationRep:
    Should have smacked them, these types **** themselves if they get any resistance and almost always run for it. Especially considering you had 2 on 3 odds, im surprised they actually tried anything-usually they need at least 3 or 4 on 1 to feel big enough to try something.

ReputationRep:
    running works for me......

ReputationRep:
    running works for me......
    Says the person who's had five or so phones stolen, and 4 of daddy's switch cards :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    Should have smacked them, these types **** themselves if they get any resistance and almost always run for it. Especially considering you had 2 on 3 odds, im surprised they actually tried anything-usually they need at least 3 or 4 on 1 to feel big enough to try something.
    a car full of them came to pick them up. more like 7 vs 2, im 5ft 11ish and my mates smaller, we arent intimadating although the kid who tried anything was my hieght or slightly smaller, not that strong as he struggled trying to wrestle my phone off me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    a car full of them came to pick them up. more like 7 vs 2, im 5ft 11ish and my mates smaller, we arent intimadating although the kid who tried anything was my hieght or slightly smaller, not that strong as he struggled trying to wrestle my phone off me.
    where did you get mugged? just outta interest

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.