The Student Room Group

Police and underaged drinking?

I was caught very drunk with around 30+ other people who where drunk coming back from a party. ( all underaged)
Police took down our names and address and said they would come to our houses about who supplied the alcohol.
They said that to everyone.

The police did know that i was drunk, but i did not supply anything.

I haven't told my mum that i was drunk.

Ive never been so worried in my life, whats going to happen to me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
if the police turn up you will just be asked to help them track down the person who supplied the alcohol. your Mum will have to be present when they do this. you should explain to her beforehand that you were drinking etc.
Reply 2
Original post by HelenTheCupcake
I was caught very drunk with around 30+ other people who where drunk coming back from a party. ( all underaged)
Police took down our names and address and said they would come to our houses about who supplied the alcohol.
They said that to everyone.

The police did know that i was drunk, but i did not supply anything.

I haven't told my mum that i was drunk.

Ive never been so worried in my life, whats going to happen to me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nothing is going to happen to you. It is not illegal for someone under the age of 18 to drink. It is not illegal to supply someone under the age of 18 with alcohol.
Reply 3
Original post by Reue
Nothing is going to happen to you. It is not illegal for someone under the age of 18 to drink. It is not illegal to supply someone under the age of 18 with alcohol.

Wrong on both points. You can legally supply a minor with alcohol if you're in your own home or if you go out for a meal in a pub. It is illegal for someone to consume alcohol if they are under 18 and not on private premises. It's also illegal to even attempt to buy alcohol. If you get caught three time before you're 18 you can be given a criminal record

Posted from TSR Mobile
If i call and tell them what happened, would they still come to my house?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Wade-
Wrong on both points. You can legally supply a minor with alcohol if you're in your own home or if you go out for a meal in a pub. It is illegal for someone to consume alcohol if they are under 18 and not on private premises. It's also illegal to even attempt to buy alcohol. If you get caught three time before you're 18 you can be given a criminal record

Posted from TSR Mobile

Note OP said they were coming back from a party. It is not unreasonable to assume this was on private property.

I, nor the OP, made any mention of purchasing alcohol.
They'll probably wanna talk to your mum as you're minor.
Reply 7
Original post by Reue
Note OP said they were coming back from a party. It is not unreasonable to assume this was on private property.

Original post by Reue

Well if you were very drunk then technically you can get in trouble for drunken disorderly behaviour which will usually result in a fine.

You did also say that it's not illegal to supply someone under 18 which isn't true.

The chances are that nothing will happen to you, if you tell them who supplied the alcohol that person may get in trouble

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest