Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I haven't hears anything bad about the nightlife! Apparently there are tonnes of bars catering to all sorts of interests, which is perfect for me!

Nightclubs exist I dare say! There is one next door to one of the accommodations (not sure which)

ReputationRep:
    Canterbury has the most pubs and clubs per square mile in the UK so I think we'll be okay!

Weird question, how old are you both? I feel like the course is going to be most older people so I was just wondering!

Also Sam I'm having the same issue about cars! But apparently even if you go for accomodation with car spaces you're not guaranteed one as they go to people on placements first then those doing Education. So I wouldn't make it a deal breaker which accomodation you choseB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I want a nice bar where the drinks are cheap, where we can dance and it's safe. I think it's called chemistry near the Pin Hill accommodation from what I remember.

ReputationRep:
    Katie. I will be 18 when I start the course, you?

ReputationRep:
    Same here! Just didn't want to be the youngest there!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's alright, my birthday is in August so I will have only been 18 for a couple of weeks. I'm always the youngest haha

ReputationRep:
    Mines in June so I'm not too far behind aha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What are your hobbies?

ReputationRep:
    To be honest not much as I lead a busy life with working, college and looking after my younger brother! What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am 25, will be 26 when we start . Young at heart though haha.

I will just have to try and get in my parking request early I think!!

I'm hoping to start up lots of new hobbies myself. I'm hoping my summer and winter jobs can carry me financially through term so I don't have to work too hard during!

ReputationRep:
    Mainly Sixth form and wok but I like to play tennis and go jogging to allow some me time oh and I have my scuba diving licence so that as well when I go on holiday. I'm hoping the uni live will give me more time to hang out with friends and have me time haha

ReputationRep:
    Aw bless haha! 26 isn't too bad I was imagining like 40 year olds sat amongst us in lectures!

Yeah that might be a shout for parking.

Yeah finances suck luckily my parents are gonna help me out which is great.

Do you two live far from canterbury currently?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hah well there may still be a 40 year old! I am sure they will have worldly wisdom, and dirty jokes, to share with us. If not, as I am half way in age, I can interpret for all

Like you say with parking, I wont let it dictate my choice entirely but if I can get it, it would be incredibly useful!!

Thats useful for you! Accommodation is slightly more than I expected, but I will be working all summer and hopefully can save enough up.

I am from Chelmsford, in Essex, so about an hour and a half in the car (not far really). What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah accommodation is pricey in canterbury! My sister is studying in York and pays no where near as much as we are going to!! But guess it is what it is!

Yeah I want to bring my car to travel home as its so much easier than train etc and quicker. I'll still be paying for my insurance even if I don't bring it so I feel as if I may as well but we'll see!

Funnily enough I live in Bishops Stortford so the other side of the A120 from Chelmsford so not far at all!! Same time distance travelling for me also. Luckily enough my nan lives near so I expect I'll be there every so often when I'm skint and need feeding haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I live like 3 hours away, in Cambridgeshire so quite a journey for me but I don't min that.

My accommodation takes up most of y maintenance loan so working a lot and hoping to get a job while a uni to help with finances.

Sam what are your intentions for the future, what do you want I do in the police force?

ReputationRep:
    The car dilemma is a tough one. I wouldn't want to risk just trying to park on side streets.. but I am pretty sure I will miss it if I don't have it!

Ahh Bishops Stortford, I was a Special Constable for a very short while there haha. It's good you've got a relative nearby Katie!

Speaking to friends who have already been through uni, some recommend getting a job so you are kept busy, as well as the financial benefits.

My end goal isn't set in stone yet - I know I don't want to join front line, every day policing, but I do want to be involved in the system in some practical way. Which way exactly I am not too sure, but in order to "future proof" my career, it will probably involve the cyber elements!

What about you guys?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys.
    Ive accepted my offer and will be studying finance with business studies. I'll be 22 when i start i feel so old haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asmith93)
    Hi guys.
    Ive accepted my offer and will be studying finance with business studies. I'll be 22 when i start i feel so old haha
    Hello, congrats .
    22 isn't old. Uni is right for different people at different ages for different reasons! I pass as a 22 year old most of the time anyway hah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamG89)
    Hello, congrats .
    22 isn't old. Uni is right for different people at different ages for different reasons! I pass as a 22 year old most of the time anyway hah.
    I do feel old though going back as i went to uni back when i was 18 when majority of people go haah

ReputationRep:
    If it helps, WhatUni records CCCU's School Leavers to Mature Student ratio as 54:46, so you wont be alone.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.