The Student Room Group

Revision/motivation tips

AS Level mocks. Hahaha, well. I've only just got some results back today, and I got a U in Biology, and a D in Geography. Ovbiously, something needs to be done. Hopefully, I want to get all B's for AS. Since I am literally the worst procrastinator ever, does anyone have any useful revision tools (at the moment, I usually use index cards or just highlight through my old notes) and little tips to help me settle down and not procrastinate? I get myself into the mindset that "it's too early, I won't remember it if I revise this early. :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 1
Original post by lalalightwood
AS Level mocks. Hahaha, well. I've only just got some results back today, and I got a U in Biology, and a D in Geography. Ovbiously, something needs to be done. Hopefully, I want to get all B's for AS. Since I am literally the worst procrastinator ever, does anyone have any useful revision tools (at the moment, I usually use index cards or just highlight through my old notes) and little tips to help me settle down and not procrastinate? I get myself into the mindset that "it's too early, I won't remember it if I revise this early. :biggrin::biggrin:

A revision timetable (even a vague one, like a to do list for each week) might help with your procrastination. Start small and build up the hours over the next few weeks.

Even if you really don't feel like it, make yourself pick up some notes or homework. Twenty minutes is better than nothing and it will help you stick in the pattern of revising.

Prioritise subjects that you're doing worst in, but don't neglect any subjects!

Keep reviewing things you've learnt - don't just revise something once in March, no matter how well, and think you'll still remember it perfectly in June. Spend a bit of time each week reading over things.

Try motivating yourself by witholding fun/nice things until you've done a certain task (this takes some self control, or the involvement of parents/close friends). Even if it's just something little ("If I finish this past paper, I can have some chocolate/play games tonight" or something).

Look at how many past papers you have available for all the subjects so you don't run out too soon.

Go through your past papers and mocks to find what's losing you marks, and then try and fix it!

Good luck :smile:
Original post by Lau14
A revision timetable (even a vague one, like a to do list for each week) might help with your procrastination. Start small and build up the hours over the next few weeks.

Even if you really don't feel like it, make yourself pick up some notes or homework. Twenty minutes is better than nothing and it will help you stick in the pattern of revising.

Prioritise subjects that you're doing worst in, but don't neglect any subjects!

Keep reviewing things you've learnt - don't just revise something once in March, no matter how well, and think you'll still remember it perfectly in June. Spend a bit of time each week reading over things.

Try motivating yourself by witholding fun/nice things until you've done a certain task (this takes some self control, or the involvement of parents/close friends). Even if it's just something little ("If I finish this past paper, I can have some chocolate/play games tonight" or something).

Look at how many past papers you have available for all the subjects so you don't run out too soon.

Go through your past papers and mocks to find what's losing you marks, and then try and fix it!

Good luck :smile:

THANKS! I've recently found out I got A's in Psychology and English, so I think you're onto something withthe prioritisng certain subjects.

Quick Reply

Latest