izelakkir
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello, I am at the end of my GCSE year and have to make a decision on my sixth form A-level subjects. I am going to take English Literature, History and Law(only AS). However I am currently stuck between the decision of sociology or psychology. I am aiming to do Law at University and am wondering which one would suit the degree best. also taking into account, i have read that psychology is very science-based and I hate science as it is one of my most hated subjects. I love essay writing however all of my A-level subjects are essay-based so would sociology be too much to handle? are sociology and psychology hard A-levels and then resulting me into having 4 hard A-levels? your personal experiences and suggestions will mean a lot to help me decide whether to pick sociology psychology. Thank you
usama2626
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you do pscyhology, it is less essay based but there is masses to learn.
However, sociology is more essay based and with the subjects you want to choose I would recommend Psychology even though I do Sociology and I love it but if you're good under timed coniditions then it may be for you.
For your convenience, if you search the thread below, there is a powerpoint with all the stuff you will need to know for AS Sociology (five markers only -WJEC board) to give you a little insight.SY1 Families & Culture,

Cal-lum
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Psychology is easy to understand, but lots to remember with a relatively easy paper.
Sociology is a little more difficult to understand, with lots to remember and an essay based paper.

Maybe taking a less essay based subject would fit best, I would go for psychology. I'd say it's also marginally more respected by universities too.

I do psychology (and Eng Lit/Politics/Music) and am applying for Law based courses too so any more questions let me know.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (60)
40.82%
Take autumn exams (53)
36.05%
Look for a job (3)
2.04%
Consider an apprenticeship (4)
2.72%
Take a year out (19)
12.93%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (8)
5.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed