usama2626
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi,

Anyone doing WJEC Sociology, I have attached Core Definitions for your five markers at the beginning for each paper for the first module (Families & Culture). Do remember to link to the item as obviously there is no link in the powerpoint above. I hope some people will find this useful and for anyone doing SY2, I will be creating another for the definitions of research methods along with relevant studies and how they link to strengths for the ten markers.
Attached files
Trolleybaby
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This is really helpful, Thank you!
I'm starting my revision for Family & Culture this week and then next week is dedicated to Research & Education. Got a few past papers to do. How do you feel about the 40 marker?😂
I'm finding it difficult to revise for sociology and was wondering if you have any tips? Is revision for the compulsory core /that/ necessary or should I focus most of my attention on the Family? And only do a little for Culture..

I know you only need to know 1 or 2 pieces of relevant research but I know literally 0 case studies other than Oxana 😢 I'm so worried because I want to get a solid B.

How is your revision going, are you confident about the exam?
usama2626
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm glad you find this very useful. I mainly concentrate my revision on the family for SY1. The culture section for me is just learning those 20 odd terms which I find very difficult but the ten marker I love. As for he 40 marker, I was dreading it but I got 34/40 in a recent test which I will share with you if you want. Overall I hate SY2, loving SY1 and I recently got an A which I can also share with you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Trolleybaby
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Glad to hear you're feeling confident! I absolutely hate SY2 but I'm quite natural with SY1 it's so frustrating. My only real problem for SY1 is the 30 mark debate question and then as for SY2 we haven't even finished it yet and it isn't the easiest thing ever. I despise research methods because I just can't get the hang of what information I need to know and stuff.

I'm so worried about the exam because I find revision for sociology so difficult. It would be nice to see what you've done though, I'd do stuff for you in exchange if I could!
MaddieRosey
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi,
Your powerpoint really helped!! Also I would love to see your essays etc. as I'm really struggling due to my teacher leaving
Good luck with the exam!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (17)
13.71%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (30)
24.19%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (53)
42.74%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (20)
16.13%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
3.23%

Watched Threads