The Student Room Group

Tag question?

Is "what do you think i am?" a tag question. The context is 'what do you think i am? Ten ft tall'
Thanks
Reply 1
In the context above it would be a rhetorical question, as the person asking the question would not expect the other person to answer.
A rhetorical question is when the person asking the question actually answers the question themselves, like the example you give above.
A tag question is added onto the end of a statement, for example "I really enjoyed the theatre performance, didn't you?", with "didn't you?" being the tag question. It's just added onto the end :-)
Original post by izzyll
in the context above it would be a rhetorical question, as the person asking the question would not expect the other person to answer.
A rhetorical question is when the person asking the question actually answers the question themselves, like the example you give above.
A tag question is added onto the end of a statement, for example "i really enjoyed the theatre performance, didn't you?", with "didn't you?" being the tag question. It's just added onto the end :-)

thankyouuu:d

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending