The Student Room Group

DOuble or triple science?

My biggest worry this year (year 10) is that i am put in for core science and the following year additional science i think, the top sets (y1 and x1) are all doing triple science biologgy triple and chemistry, im wondering if i do get a really good result on my core science will my teacher allow me to do additional science and further additional science allthough the triple scientist are doing it in the form of biology, chemsitry and physiscs.

What do i do now, help?!
Honestly focus on core and additional they're the requirements for any science based a levels anyway, if you secure them early and then have time to do the triple do it but you're hardly missing out if you don't do it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Triple is much harder. Further additional has higher grade boundaries and harder questions.

But, if your great at science- hey why not! Overall, I'd suggest to do a diff subject, be more varied :biggrin:
tbh when i did my GCSE's a few years ago alot of people killed themselves trying to do triple science and it didn't really offer them a great advantage, i don't know how things are now but as long as you do well at double science you should be able to go anywhere you want to after that.
Triple science isn't difficult. Tell your teacher that you want to do triple and they'll see what they can do. If you're getting good grades in tests currently, they should let you take it.
I do triple science and to be honest its not any different, we just have more topics to cover but then we have more lessons to cover them. Although for aqa we have 9 exams to do. 3 for each science.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you want to do sciences for A'level, do triple, otherwise, don't bother :smile:
If you are getting good grades in science then do triple science.
Do triple-

-looks better on a cv/ucas
-its not that difficult
-grade boundaries are seriously low
-opens doors in terms of alevels- transition is so much easier if youre thinking about doing a science alevel

it just gets harder after gcse so you might aswell start challenging yourself early!

good luck!
Original post by Member1805385
My biggest worry this year (year 10) is that i am put in for core science and the following year additional science i think, the top sets (y1 and x1) are all doing triple science biologgy triple and chemistry, im wondering if i do get a really good result on my core science will my teacher allow me to do additional science and further additional science allthough the triple scientist are doing it in the form of biology, chemsitry and physiscs.

What do i do now, help?!

If your looking at something in science later in life then sure, go ahead! Or medical and stuff like that...

Quick Reply

Latest