kiki37
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
So I applied to study psychology at Coventry, Nottingham Trent, Bath Spa, Chester and Portsmouth. After receiving offers for all, I ruled out:
-Coventry because I only really applied because it's near to where my boyfriend lives (Northampton) and the city doesn't really appeal to me.
-Bath Spa because it was a last option and was low down on the league table.
-Portsmouth because I don't like the modules.

So I'm stuck between Chester and NTU! Chester's modules are more appealing for the first and second year, I only prefer NTU's third year. I don't know which to put as my firm. I feel like if I wasn't with my boyfriend I'd choose Chester. It would be around £20 to travel from Nottingham to Northampton, and £35 from Chester to Northampton. However, the accommodation that I like at Chester is £1150 cheaper than the accommodation that I like at Nottingham Trent! I've already visited Nottingham and I liked it, I'm going to visit Chester on Saturday. So I suppose seeing both will make this decision a lot easier! But right now my mind is just all over the place, I'm so confused. Does anyone have any advice? Anyone in a long distance relationship due to uni themselves?
silverpeace
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi I also have a hard time deciding between Unis. Chester and NTU being on my top list. I am going to study the conversion MSc in psychology so anything on the unis and the psych faculties would be helpful!
Smithy-Smiths
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by kiki37)
So I applied to study psychology at Coventry, Nottingham Trent, Bath Spa, Chester and Portsmouth. After receiving offers for all, I ruled out:
-Coventry because I only really applied because it's near to where my boyfriend lives (Northampton) and the city doesn't really appeal to me.
-Bath Spa because it was a last option and was low down on the league table.
-Portsmouth because I don't like the modules.

So I'm stuck between Chester and NTU! Chester's modules are more appealing for the first and second year, I only prefer NTU's third year. I don't know which to put as my firm. I feel like if I wasn't with my boyfriend I'd choose Chester. It would be around £20 to travel from Nottingham to Northampton, and £35 from Chester to Northampton. However, the accommodation that I like at Chester is £1150 cheaper than the accommodation that I like at Nottingham Trent! I've already visited Nottingham and I liked it, I'm going to visit Chester on Saturday. So I suppose seeing both will make this decision a lot easier! But right now my mind is just all over the place, I'm so confused. Does anyone have any advice? Anyone in a long distance relationship due to uni themselves?
If you don't mind me speaking candidly I'd choose Chester... well actually I'd choose the university highest on the League table. I don't think that the duralibilty of your relationship should be a factor in your University decision only because it's you who has to study at said University for three
Years, and quite frankly, relationships become uncertain during university.

Psychology is such a demanding subject at A Level, so imagine how intense it will be as a degree? IIt's an admirable career path buy you must know that the workload will be incredibly strenuous on your social life and relationship. That is why I say choose university over preserving your relationship as not only will a more respected university help with your long term career prospects, but studying a course that you lowe will give you the added motivation you need to succeed.

I hope you do bit take offence to what I have said it is just my opinion. Besides, university is undoubted the most testing time in relationships, especially if you're going to separate ones; however, I your relationship is meant to be, then it shall endure.

I hope I've helped
Frenspan14
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Smithy-Smiths)
If you don't mind me speaking candidly I'd choose Chester... well actually I'd choose the university highest on the League table. I don't think that the duralibilty of your relationship should be a factor in your University decision only because it's you who has to study at said University for three
Years, and quite frankly, relationships become uncertain during university.

Psychology is such a demanding subject at A Level, so imagine how intense it will be as a degree? IIt's an admirable career path buy you must know that the workload will be incredibly strenuous on your social life and relationship. That is why I say choose university over preserving your relationship as not only will a more respected university help with your long term career prospects, but studying a course that you lowe will give you the added motivation you need to succeed.

I hope you do bit take offence to what I have said it is just my opinion. Besides, university is undoubted the most testing time in relationships, especially if you're going to separate ones; however, I your relationship is meant to be, then it shall endure.

I hope I've helped
I agree, relationships shouldn't be a factor when making university choices as university changes people, and you wouldn't want to be stuck at a uni you're not that into, should you both break up. If it's meant to be, you'll both put the effort in regardless of distance.
Smithy-Smiths
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Frenspan14)
I agree, relationships shouldn't be a factor when making university choices as university changes people, and you wouldn't want to be stuck at a uni you're not that into, should you both break up. If it's meant to be, you'll both put the effort in regardless of distance.
I second that
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (36)
28.35%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (11)
8.66%
No I am happy with my choice (71)
55.91%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (9)
7.09%

Watched Threads