NEED HELP!!!:Applying for volunteering

Watch
Ryoken
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi,

I'm applying for volunteering and I need help answering two questions; what do you think are some of the main problems facing our community? And what do you think are some of the main financial barriers that people with limited resources may have?

BTW I'm not asking anyone to answer the question for me I just need some ideas on what i should write
black_mamba
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Er, it would help if you explained what the context of these questions is i.e. what community, and what limited resources are you referring to?
Ryoken
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by black_mamba)
Er, it would help if you explained what the context of these questions is i.e. what community, and what limited resources are you referring to?
I'm not really sure those are the question that were on the application form but if it helps i'm applying for cab http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/index/join-us.htm and sorted http://www.coventrycab.org.uk/sorted
EmEmTheFairy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ryoken)
Hi,

I'm applying for volunteering and I need help answering two questions; what do you think are some of the main problems facing our community? And what do you think are some of the main financial barriers that people with limited resources may have?

BTW I'm not asking anyone to answer the question for me I just need some ideas on what i should write
Financial Barriers

Lack of money for transport which prevents individual from accessing education, health services, possible community outreach groups or activities. The cost of living, for supplies, basic necessities, e.g. healthy food, heating, sufficient housing. If vulnerable, may possibly be at risk of financial abuse. Financial barriers can also impact lifestyle, parenting, relationships and overall well-being of an individual and their families.

Not sure which town you are in, as all towns will have their own problems. However, consider access to services, lack of involvement with services, poor service delivery, lack of activities or centres available due to closing down of youth centres, maybe community centres? These sort of things.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (56)
17.07%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (93)
28.35%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (124)
37.8%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.41%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.35%

Watched Threads