The Student Room Group

Longest you've been awake?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
A day and a half. Got too addicted to gaming and reading :colondollar:
Reply 61
Two days and a half. At which point I crashed the moment I hit my bed - I wanted to see how long I could last.
Reply 62
About 36 hours.
I was about to start a new job the next day working nights, so like a fool I believed that the best thing to do would be to stay up really late the night before and then have a really long lie-in throughout the next day. But I have quite serious anxiety problems, and the idea of starting a new job just worried me so much that I couldn't even manage more than an hours sleep. Anyway the next day I was in a complete mess trying to force myself to take a nap, but the more that I thought about trying to sleep, the more awake I was. :tongue: I've yet to feel so poorly from just sheer lack of sleep. But by the time I'd finished my shift the next morning I'd only had about an hour's sleep during a period of about 36 hours.
Probably about 24 hours after getting up for work around 8am on a Sunday then getting to bed around the same time the following morning after pulling an all nighter for an essay.
Around 50 hours and I started hearing voices
Original post by Precious Illusions
I've been awake since 7am Sunday morning, I was so tired earlier but been in bed for 2 hours now and nope :indiff: So...I'm on about 41 hours?

Whats the longest you've all been awake for?

Just this morning I went to bed at 04:30, and woke up at 07:20. Not too great on a day full of maths aha :P
But the longest I've consecutively stayed awake for is about 47 hours - not too shabby huh? >.<

Hope this helps :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
For exams - stayed up all night and went to bed the next day at 12am-ish.

Not very long compared to most here :tongue:
I stayed awake throughout most if a flight to Singapore and then another flight onwards to Australia. By the time I reached Sydney I could barely walk.

Another time I flew into London from Mauritius having been awake quite a while. I then slept for the best part of twenty hours, aparantly.
4 days and 4 nights but after that I couldn't hack it anymore
About 36 straight hours when I had a flare up of TMJ pain. I took so many painkillers for it and the pain didn't leave and they didn't knock me out. It was horrible. Insomnia makes pain ten times worse. Wouldn't have wished that on my worst enemy tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
Like around 26/28 hours.
Original post by Precious Illusions
You can't say that then leave! Now we're all curious.

Ha! :colone:

Spoiler

Reply 73
I was unable to sleep for 8 days when I went to Cuba in 2005.
Probably about 36 hours.
Reply 75
5 nights for me...things start to get crazy >_>
Reply 76
About 36 hours - I was stuck in France during the strikes a few years ago, and due to my flight being cancelled, I had to get 3 trains back to London,then an all night coach, then a taxi to where the car was. Horrendous.
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
Around 50 hours and I started hearing voices

What were they saying? I am curious to know.
Original post by AnorexicOnWkends
maybe 12 hours?

Wow, you've never ever done a 13 hour day?
Most people are awake for at least 16 hours averagely each day.
3 days.. I ended up taking a nap in a 2 hour lecture :teehee:

Quick Reply

Latest