The Student Room Group

Are you weak or strong minded?

I just realised how weak minded I am as yesterday I cried my heart out for atleast 10 minutes after thinking about certain tragic events in my life, because I find it hard to brush things off and to keep it moving as they say.

But are you weak minded or strong minded, and do you find it easy to brush off emotional pain?

Scroll to see replies

I wouldn't say that's how you distinguish between a week and a strong mind

I would say I'm fairly strong minded, but I wouldn't say I find it so easy to deal with the emotional pain

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm weak minded to a tee and never cry maybe that's what keeps me so weak.
What is wrong with crying? It takes years to get over things and move on such a deaths and bad experiences. However I find strong minded people don't care about it taking time, the weak minded do.
Reply 4
Original post by Paladian
I'm weak minded to a tee and never cry maybe that's what keeps me so weak.

Don't you mean strong-minded?
Reply 5
Id say I'm weak-minded when things are 'bitter sweet' - ill listen to soppy romantic music and feel a bit blue but be secretly enjoying it cos there's fond memories in there too.

Id say I'm very strong minded when I have to think about things that will actually hurt me.
Reply 6
Original post by william walker
What is wrong with crying? It takes years to get over things and move on such a deaths and bad experiences. However I find strong minded people don't care about it taking time, the weak minded do.

In society crying is seen as a sign of weakness.
Original post by Mr.Buff ting
Don't you mean strong-minded?

No on a different level I'm weak minded but I don't cry and maybe that's why I'm so weak.
Reply 8
Original post by Paladian
No on a different level I'm weak minded but I don't cry and maybe that's why I'm so weak.

Oh ok I think I know what you're trying to say, so only strong minded people find it easy to cry whereas weak minded people find it more difficult, correct?
In society crying is seen as a sign of weakness.

Crying in public or with other people yes. But crying by yourself when you are upset isn't a sign of weakness.
Oh ok I think I know what you're trying to say, so only strong minded people find it easy to cry whereas weak minded people find it more difficult, correct?

That's what I'm sayin'
Crying in public or with other people yes. But crying by yourself when you are upset isn't a sign of weakness.

Maybe, I normally do cry by myself in the dark, so I might not be so weak minded.

Thanks.:smile:
Original post by THUG*LYF
Id say I'm weak-minded when things are 'bitter sweet' - ill listen to soppy romantic music and feel a bit blue but be secretly enjoying it cos there's fond memories in there too.

Id say I'm very strong minded when I have to think about things that will actually hurt me.

So you find it easy to block-off your emotions?
Reply 13
I just realised how weak minded I am as yesterday I cried my heart out for atleast 10 minutes after thinking about certain tragic events in my life, because I find it hard to brush things off and to keep it moving as they say.

But are you weak minded or strong minded, and do you find it easy to brush off emotional pain?

Oh what happened?
Maybe, I normally do cry by myself in the dark, so I might not be so weak minded.

Thanks.:smile:

I used to cry a lot when I was young, but I have got older and stopped. I haven't cried properly since November 2012.

You just get over it, the emotional release isn't what it was. I now am general on a level or angry.
Reply 15
I tend to just write things down on paper - it helps
That's not what I would describe as weak minded.

weak-minded = swayed easily. manipulated easily

strong-minded = opposite.
Original post by ChickenMadness
That's not what I would describe as weak minded.

weak-minded = swayed easily. manipulated easily

strong-minded = opposite.

Nah I'm both you can be both.
I used to cry a lot when I was young, but I have got older and stopped. I haven't cried properly since November 2012.

You just get over it, the emotional release isn't what it was. I now am general on a level or angry.

Novemver 2012, I could never last that long.

when ever someone upsets me, my hurt will normally turn to anger at that moment, it's only afterwards that I realise that I was infact hurt.
Original post by Mary562
I tend to just write things down on paper - it helps

Thanks, I'll give it a try, maybe it will help.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest