Serine Soul
Badges: 18
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,

I've just got my mock results back and I got a B in the mock exam, but my tutors have still put an A on my progress report, so I guess they're still expecting an A. I've been told that my coursework is going well so how do I get an A in the exam in the summer? I'll be doing AQA Litb1

Thanks
math42
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Know your assessment objectives well, in particular the highest band criteria.
If your exam is closed book then a good mental database of quotes is very handy, if not then just make sure you have a thorough understanding of the themes in your exam texts so that you can write your essay and put forward your ideas easily (I guess this applies to closed book too)
It would certainly seem worthwhile looking at where you dropped marks in the mock exam; obviously if it's one assessment objective bringing you down then that's what you need to work on. If it's more generally dropping a few marks in each then I'd still recommend an objective-based approach; just look at exactly what they're asking you for (this can probably be found in the specification) in each one and try and nail that. Obviously you can't have much room for improvement if you're on a B, so you shouldn't need to alter how you structure and write exam essays in general, it's just a matter of ensuring you're ticking the boxes.
Serine Soul
Badges: 18
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
Know your assessment objectives well, in particular the highest band criteria.
If your exam is closed book then a good mental database of quotes is very handy, if not then just make sure you have a thorough understanding of the themes in your exam texts so that you can write your essay and put forward your ideas easily (I guess this applies to closed book too)
It would certainly seem worthwhile looking at where you dropped marks in the mock exam; obviously if it's one assessment objective bringing you down then that's what you need to work on. If it's more generally dropping a few marks in each then I'd still recommend an objective-based approach; just look at exactly what they're asking you for (this can probably be found in the specification) in each one and try and nail that. Obviously you can't have much room for improvement if you're on a B, so you shouldn't need to alter how you structure and write exam essays in general, it's just a matter of ensuring you're ticking the boxes.
Thanks for the advice and for replying
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (40)
7.72%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (301)
58.11%
No (177)
34.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise