Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the grade boundaries for GCSE German reading & listening with OCR?? Cheers

ReputationRep:
    The marking's weird. Each paper's out of 50, then 45 and over gets you 8 "points" (i.e. 90%), 40-44 gets you 7 points, 35-39 gets you 6 points, etc. They then add up for four sets of points and the grade boundaries vary from year to year, depending on the marks people got. If the paper was easy and loads of people do well, you need 32 put of 32 for an A*, however if it was hard you may only need 29 (this is rare however). Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    hmmm i kinda get you. but in simpler terms does anyone know what i need out of 50 to get say a B? Thanks btw for your help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    The marking's weird. Each paper's out of 50, then 45 and over gets you 8 "points" (i.e. 90%), 40-44 gets you 7 points, 35-39 gets you 6 points, etc. They then add up for four sets of points and the grade boundaries vary from year to year, depending on the marks people got. If the paper was easy and loads of people do well, you need 32 put of 32 for an A*, however if it was hard you may only need 29 (this is rare however). Hope that helps.
    I think they scrapped that system last year (summer 03) when i did the exams.

ReputationRep:
    Well there aren't really any simpler putting it. I'd guess a B is around 26 points. This means that you can drop 2 points from two papers and 1 from the other two (unless you want 2 drop 3 from 2 and 0 from the other 2, but this is probably the best way of going about it). That means you have to get 40 or over on 2 papers and 35 or over on the other 2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    I think they scrapped that system last year (summer 03) when i did the exams.
    I think you might be right... which means all my posts are pretty useless :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry but i don't know specific OCR statistics and i can't seem to find any on the website but last year i took GCSE German with AQA and when i checked the grade boundaries, the listening one was a lot lower than i expected - even for an A*. I got predicted a B and my teacher didn't want me to take the higher speaking exam but i made her let me and i got an A, which i was really pleased with. Also, a lot of people did better than expected. The listening is quite difficult for most people so the boundaries are often quite low. I'm not sure about reading but i found my reading exam SO HARD and seriously thought i had failed it, but i didn't and i came out with the top mark in the year, beating this girl who everyone thought was the best. Haha.

Good luck! Sorry i'm not much help and i've been rambling. I'm in a typing mood

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.