Killa135
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
#1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
#1
Hi!
I have received an offer for Msc Risk Management at Imperial but am still waiting for the decisions of other universitys.
The problem is that my offer expires in a few days, but the University i am waiting for needs another two weeks.
So here's the deal: What would happen if I accept the offer but -if i receive an offer from the other university- refuse to pay the deposit? Can they enforce payment from me? Am i legally obliged to pay?
I am an international applicant btw...
Thanks for your response.
0
reply
scrotgrot
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
#2
Report 5 years ago
#2
This is what the deposit is for: if you accept the offer, then withdraw without paying any fees, they will keep the deposit.

You could ask for them to extend the deadline but to be honest they won't do it because they want their money rather than it going to some other university.
0
reply
Killa135
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
#3
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
#3
But my question is if they can enforce the deposit payment?

On the website you will find the following: The tuition fees team will email your deposit invoice within five working days of accepting the offer, and this will need to be paid within 30 days of receiving the invoice. I need 2 weeks of these 30 days to receive the offer or decline from the other university.

Thanks !
0
reply
Killa135
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
#4
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
#4
no other opinions?
it is quite urgent
0
reply
Geminist
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
#5
Report 5 years ago
#5
I'm not sure if I'm missing your question;

As soon as you get the invoice, you have 30 days from the date of the invoice to make a payment. If you do not pay the deposit in those 30 days, you will lose your spot.

If this is urgent, just give Imperial's admin team a call. Your case will not be the first and they will have dealt with similar questions before.
1
reply
DannyAbba
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
#6
Report 5 years ago
#6
If you require further extension, contact your department and copy Admissions in the e-mail. Don't tell them you need time to hear back from another school. But give a credible reason, and they ahould extend your deadline for you.
I know someone who managed to get an 8-week extension, as well as another who got a 10-week extension. So contact them ASAP... I hope my message is not too late though. :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
0
reply
ihavemooedtoday
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
#7
Report 5 years ago
#7
I got a few months extension when I just asked. I told them I was waiting to hear from other universities. Seriously, it's not like they don't know you also applied to other universities.

You accept the offer by paying the deposit. If you don't pay the deposit, you haven't accepted the offer yet.
0
reply
mahler22
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
#8
Report 5 years ago
#8
Hey Killa135, do you have any more information? I am in pretty much the same situation and I am thinking of accepting the offer, but due to special circumstances I could be forced not to take the place and thus I am thinking of simply not paying the deposit. Anyone knows whether they can enforce one to pay the deposit after accepting the place (FYI: you have 30 days to pay the deposit after accepting the place)
0
reply
mahler22
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
#9
Report 5 years ago
#9
Hey Killa135, do you have any more information? I am in pretty much the same situation and I am thinking of accepting the offer, but due to special circumstances I could be forced not to take the place and thus I am thinking of simply not paying the deposit. Anyone knows whether they can enforce one to pay the deposit after accepting the place (FYI: you have 30 days to pay the deposit after accepting the place)
0
reply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Reply
new posts
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (560)
34.06%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (677)
41.18%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (332)
20.19%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.56%

Watched Threads

View All