The Student Room Group

Should I take A Level Maths and Further Maths?

I got a B at GCSE Maths (put virtually no effort into it), but I got an A* in my AQA Level 2 Further Maths Mock Exams (I'm working harder than I did at GCSE Maths), should I choose A Level Maths and Further for next year since I want to do Computer Science/Physics? My school does OCR MEI A Level Maths and Further Maths, and I have heard that's the hardest exam board, should I do them?
OCR MEI is perfectly manageable. If you want to do Maths and FM then go for it.
Original post by asmuse123
I got a B at GCSE Maths (put virtually no effort into it), but I got an A* in my AQA Level 2 Further Maths Mock Exams (I'm working harder than I did at GCSE Maths), should I choose A Level Maths and Further for next year since I want to do Computer Science/Physics? My school does OCR MEI A Level Maths and Further Maths, and I have heard that's the hardest exam board, should I do them?

There's no such thing as a "hardest exam board". FM is a good choice for Physics and Computer Science. I am a little worried by your low GCSE grade but that's probably your school's fault for entering you before you were in a position to achieve your full potential.

Quick Reply

Latest