The Student Room Group

Finishing an A-level subject in two months?

Hey there, guys.

I'm really screwed. I have Physics, Chemistry and Biology. I want to take the A2 exams this May. The problem is I didn't take Physics AS last year and haven't touched it since. I have Biology and Chemistry somewhat covered.

Now the main question, can Physics AS and A2 be finished in two months?

I'm an average student but I can really study full on if I want to. If it is possible, how can it be achieved?

Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
Original post by ooribaba_mama
Hey there, guys.

I'm really screwed. I have Physics, Chemistry and Biology. I want to take the A2 exams this May. The problem is I didn't take Physics AS last year and haven't touched it since. I have Biology and Chemistry somewhat covered.

I'm an average student but I can really study full on if I want to. If it is possible, how can it be achieved?

Thanks in advance.

Without having studied AS physics it will be really tough to pull a good grade over two months. If you really work hard, run through every chapter in the text books and do every past paper for every Unit then you might have a chance. That being said, this will be a hell of a lot of work and could easily pull your other subjects down.
Original post by ooribaba_mama
Hey there, guys.

Thanks in advance.

This isn't a good position in any circumstances but it might be possible to do well in it in a few months if you are very good.
You haven't mentioned having many exams, so should be able to dedicate a lot of your time to physics.
It depends on your mathematical ability and knowledge and your physics knowledge. How good are you at/how much do you know of these subjects?

Depending on your board, the exams are more likely to be in June, which gives you a bit more time.
I'm taking the exam through Edexcel (IAL). This is really not looking good. Even if I get the theoretical physics down, I'm pretty sure I'll have problems with the maths.

Another question related to this. Would it be better if I take the exam in January? Will a 6 month delay be a problem?

Quick Reply

Latest