Feel guilty for ringing in sick Watch

Butterfly92xo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am genuinely poorly as I came down with food poisoning Monday but was sick early hours of the morning on Tuesday and my stomach and my back is aching like mad and my stomach hurts if I try and eat anything. It sounded like they did not believe as there's a girl I work with who constantly calls in saying she has sickness and diarrhoea when actually it is a hangover.. But I feel like they are going to see me as unreliable as I only started two months ago and still on probation :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Butterfly92xo)
I am genuinely poorly as I came down with food poisoning Monday but was sick early hours of the morning on Tuesday and my stomach and my back is aching like mad and my stomach hurts if I try and eat anything. It sounded like they did not believe as there's a girl I work with who constantly calls in saying she has sickness and diarrhoea when actually it is a hangover.. But I feel like they are going to see me as unreliable as I only started two months ago and still on probation :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
If it is only the once that you phone in sick, then you will be fine.
I know its unfair when people like the other girl constantly phone in sick, and it makes everyone else look bad on the one occasion that they might phone in sick. But as long as you can prove you are reliable and its only the once that you have phoned in sick then you will be fine.
ohhello92x
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Butterfly92xo)

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's not your fault that you're sick! It happens and I think they appreciate the fact that you've rung in instead of you turning up and then getting sent home as you're ill
As long as you make yourself reliable during probation and that it's the one time during the probation period (unless you're sick again) then you'll be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (262)
15.24%
The paper was reasonable (958)
55.73%
Not feeling great about that exam... (370)
21.52%
It was TERRIBLE (129)
7.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise