Question about the Edexcel Revision guides for AS/A2

Watch
Lolomg07
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi,

So I wanted your opinions on the AS Revision guide as being a substitute for the Student Book. Recently I hired a tuition teacher that made me buy a revision guide to cover the syllabus for AS Chemistry having not touched the student book. Does anyone here think that a person that has never studied anything from the student book can read the revision guide and do the exam to a good level? When I read the revision guide it seemed like a summary of the student book and no where near descriptive enough to do the past papers.. it seemed to lack good explanation and a lot of it seemed to be based on the assumption that you've learned certain things in the student book. needless to say I didn't do the exam to a good level and I really struggled to do the past papers.. Can anyone give me feedback on this? Does anyone here think that if you haven't studied anything from the student book that you can look at the revision guide and do the exam to a good level?

Thanks
Sanhiya_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Lolomg07)
Hi,

So I wanted your opinions on the AS Revision guide as being a substitute for the Student Book. Recently I hired a tuition teacher that made me buy a revision guide to cover the syllabus for AS Chemistry having not touched the student book. Does anyone here think that a person that has never studied anything from the student book can read the revision guide and do the exam to a good level? When I read the revision guide it seemed like a summary of the student book and no where near descriptive enough to do the past papers.. it seemed to lack good explanation and a lot of it seemed to be based on the assumption that you've learned certain things in the student book. needless to say I didn't do the exam to a good level and I really struggled to do the past papers.. Can anyone give me feedback on this? Does anyone here think that if you haven't studied anything from the student book that you can look at the revision guide and do the exam to a good level?

Thanks
No, the reason behind this is simply because the student book literally covers everything that you need to know which is why it is called a 'student book', the revision guide is just there to sum up what you know and only really has the keywords or any diagrams that you need to remember I think you should buy the student book if possible.... hope this helped and Good luck
Lolomg07
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sanhiya_)
No, the reason behind this is simply because the student book literally covers everything that you need to know which is why it is called a 'student book', the revision guide is just there to sum up what you know and only really has the keywords or any diagrams that you need to remember I think you should buy the student book if possible.... hope this helped and Good luck
Exactly Unfortunately my tutor is unaware of this and she had been extremely negligent and caused me lots of inconveniences, financially time wise and also a lot of stress.. Would there be an opportunity here where I can sue my tutor for negligence? and Seek compensation?

Thanks
Sanhiya_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Lolomg07)
Exactly Unfortunately my tutor is unaware of this and she had been extremely negligent and caused me lots of inconveniences, financially time wise and also a lot of stress.. Would there be an opportunity here where I can sue my tutor for negligence? and Seek compensation?

Thanks
oh I am really sorry to hear about the problem you have been caused, however I am unaware on how to sue the tutor, I think you could speak to the people he/she works for, or you could ask a lawyer... wish you all the best
Lolomg07
Rep:
?
Can anyone else please give me some feedback on this? Please post your opinion below..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (581)
34.2%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (698)
41.08%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (342)
20.13%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (78)
4.59%

Watched Threads