Official 2015 General Election voting poll discussion Watch

Pickles
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Here's a thread for you all to discuss the latest in the 2015 general election voting poll here on TSR, you can see the latest results of the poll here!

You can change your vote as many times as you want if your views change, so, if you haven't already voted then do so.
TornadoGR4
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lack of Monster Raving Loony Party disappoints me.
MarleyZ
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Surprised at the amount of UKIP support so far!
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Supprised at how much the vote is changing in such short spaces of time, greens were on 30% about an hour ago.
simondo93
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Supprised at how much the vote is changing in such short spaces of time, greens were on 30% about an hour ago.
Wtf show me proof
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by simondo93)
Wtf show me proof
I can't... I'm only reporting what was there... I'm sure CT can confirm.
simondo93
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Wft I wonder whether this is a good thing.

I don't think I'd mind a green coalition but I'd hate a green majority. I wonder why their so popular with students.

Then again how many students will actually bother voting.
Captain Jack
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Then again how many students will actually bother voting.
Students are predicted to be one of the major factors in the election this year after a huge turn out at the Scottish Referendum. TSR is going to be throwing everything it's got to encourage students to vote this year too - we're in talks with every major political party for their support
simondo93
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Captain Jack)
Students are predicted to be one of the major factors in the election this year after a huge turn out at the Scottish Referendum. TSR is going to be throwing everything it's got to encourage students to vote this year too - we're in talks with every major political party for their support
I'll believe that when I see it. Youth have historically been less likely to bother voting.
xDave-
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Atm, only Labour, Tories, UKIP and Lib Dems are standing in my area, so I can only vote for one of them. I would choose Liberal out of the 4, but they're not realistically going to win so I'll have to go for Labour. My area is dominated by a Conservative and there's absolutely no chance he won't win though.

I like the idea of a poll on the side of the forum btw. But I don't think you should be able too change your vote and I do think it should link to the topic about the poll.
simondo93
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by xDave-)
Atm, only Labour, Tories, UKIP and Lib Dems are standing in my area, so I can only vote for one of them. I would choose Liberal out of the 4, but they're not realistically going to win so I'll have to go for Labour. My area is dominated by a Conservative and there's absolutely no chance he won't win though.
Mine on the other hand is a labour stronghold. We haven't had anyone but labour in the last 100 years.
RK
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)

Wtf show me proof
It's was true, greens were that high. But it was very soon after the voting started and so no statistically valid as there were hardly any votes.

I saw labour at 100%!
simondo93
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RK)
It's was true, greens were that high. But it was very soon after the voting started and so no statistically valid as there were hardly any votes.

I saw labour at 100%!
I wonder whether we can find out how many have voted. Without knowing that the poll is pretty useless.
Captain Jack
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'll believe that when I see it. Youth have historically been less likely to bother voting.
Historically. It grew at the last election, it will grow again this year.
RK
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I wonder whether we can find out how many have voted. Without knowing that the poll is pretty useless.
Maybe one day

It was in the small hundreds when I left the office today, so growing nicely.

I'd love to start splitting out the regional data too, but need to wait until there are enough votes in all regions for that to make sense. But I do wonder if there are massive differences in student/young people's voting intentions across the country.

Also wonder what the SNP support is in Scotland. Looking like it'll be pretty high, given there results nationally the last time I looked, but will only be able to tell when we get the regional results split out
Handles
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I voted Liberal Democrat. Shock, horror.

I live in a very safe Tory seat. My political views are closest to the Greens and the SNP, but it's unlikely that I'll have the option to vote Green (I'll be in the 10% of seats that the Greens aren't standing in, no doubt), and I'm not Scottish so I can't vote for the SNP. I'm not actually sure if Labour are standing here - the original candidate isn't listed on their website as he got in to a spot of bother. I don't support Nick Clegg, however I can sympathise with many Lib Dem policies, and they came second in this constituency in 2010. It's unlikely that my MP will lose, but right now it looks like my first vote shall be a tactical one. Bit of a shame.
Davij038
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lib dems have A 2% chance here. I'm voting for them purely to help keep their deposit,

Lib dems have a chance of gains on Oxford west, Montgomery and possibly Maidstone
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just to let you know there seems to be an issue... The %age only seems to be 98% I've seen it as 99 & 101 too and where I understand that they may be rounding (although if done correctly shouldn't be so) 98 is definately wrong.
Attached files
Green_Pink
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by xDave-)

I like the idea of a poll on the side of the forum btw. But I don't think you should be able too change your vote and I do think it should link to the topic about the poll.
The Greens look like they're going to stand nearly everywhere, I expect you'll probably get a candidate from them. If the Tories are guaranteed to win your seat though, voting Lib Dem isn't any more of a wasted vote than voting Labour,
SebCross
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MarleyZ)
Surprised at the amount of UKIP support so far!
Yes! Somewhat unsettling, in my view...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (100)
16.84%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (63)
10.61%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (105)
17.68%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (90)
15.15%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (59)
9.93%
How can I be the best version of myself? (177)
29.8%

Watched Threads