The Student Room Group
London South Bank University
London

Facebook Group for LSBU Children's Nurses Sept 2015

Hey, I have set up a facebook group for those who have firmly accepted an offer from LSBU to do Children's Nursing (BSc) in September 2015. Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1598920343653185/
Great idea Molly!

I'm a 3rd year child branch student nurse, and my university (Not LSBU) has a Facebook group for our whole cohort... Just a word of warning for everyone to remember to remain professional, and polite about lecturers and other students etc.

I know this all sounds obvious but in my opinion ours has sometimes caused more trouble than it has benefited, with some people being quite disrespectful about lecturers and students. I don't believe anyone has got into trouble in my group, but that's not to say it would be difficult for a member of the group to go and show an unprofessional comment to a lecturer.

I have found it can also cause people anxiety and confusion when talking about assessments as people interpret a task differently and are told different things by different lecturers. They share this with the group, and everyone gets worried.

That said, I'm a huge advocate for using social media to learn, share ideas and connect with one another. You'll find over on Twitter a huge amount of students, qualified nurses and even lecturers discussing issues, sharing ideas etc. I'd recommend using that to your advantage.

All the best with your course. Any questions you have, then please don't hesitate to ask me :smile:

Joel
(edited 9 years ago)
London
Original post by PaediatricStN
Great idea Molly!

I'm a 3rd year child branch student nurse, and my university (Not LSBU) has a Facebook group for our whole cohort... Just a word of warning for everyone to remember to remain professional, and polite about lecturers and other students etc.

I know this all sounds obvious but in my opinion ours has sometimes caused more trouble than it has benefited, with some people being quite disrespectful about lecturers and students. I don't believe anyone has got into trouble in my group, but that's not to say it would be difficult for a member of the group to go and show an unprofessional comment to a lecturer.

I have found it can also cause people anxiety and confusion when talking about assessments as people interpret a task differently and are told different things by different lecturers. They share this with the group, and everyone gets worried.

That said, I'm a huge advocate for using social media to learn, share ideas and connect with one another. You'll find over on Twitter a huge amount of students, qualified nurses and even lecturers discussing issues, sharing ideas etc. I'd recommend using that to your advantage.

All the best with your course. Any questions you have, then please don't hesitate to ask me :smile:

Joel

Thanks for the advice Joel!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending