Emupa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey there I just wanted to check, but I have two GCSE exams and two AS level exams on that same day with at least one clash - when told this our teacher told us we would have to stay in over night quarantines if the clash could only be fixed the next day. He's the kind of teacher that yanks your chain, so am not sure if he is joking? Is this true?
Thanks
Lau14
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Emupa)
Hey there I just wanted to check, but I have two GCSE exams and two AS level exams on that same day with at least one clash - when told this our teacher told us we would have to stay in over night quarantines if the clash could only be fixed the next day. He's the kind of teacher that yanks your chain, so am not sure if he is joking? Is this true?
Thanks
You may only sit 6 hours of exams in one day (I think that's the right figure), 3 hours in the morning session and 3 hours in the afternoon. If your exams can't fit into this, then yes, you will have to be supervised in some way overnight to prevent you communicating with anyone (no internet, no phone, etc) to prevent cheating.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Emupa)
Hey there I just wanted to check, but I have two GCSE exams and two AS level exams on that same day with at least one clash Is this true?
Yes. The rules say:
When candidates are entered for multiple examinations timetabled for the same day and the total duration for those papers is more than:
• six hours for GCE AS and A2 examinations including extra time and/or supervised rest breaks or;
• five and a half hours for GCSE examinations, including extra time and/or supervised rest breaks;
candidates may be allowed to take an examination the following morning, including Saturdays.
Candidates are not allowed to take examinations on an earlier day than that scheduled on the timetable.

It is generally allowable for your parents to sign to say that they will supervise you overnight. They would have to collect you from school, then ensure that you do not use a phone (the school will proably keep your phone) or the internet over night and talk to no one but your immediate family. The following day they would have to deliver you directly the the exam officer to take your missing exam(s).
Emupa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Great thanks, nice to have an answer even if it isn't fun! Thanks again
CplSkippy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Quarantine? Wow! Never heard this one before!! 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
oswalds
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You do if you have more than 6 hours of exams in a day. I believe in the past you would have to go to a teachers house, but now they have to make your parents agree to supervise you all of the time, making sure that you don't have any way of communicating with others who have already taken the exam, so you can't use your phone, the internet or talk to anyone. I haven't experienced this, but this is what I have heard.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (33)
5.62%
Uncertainty around my education (69)
11.75%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (66)
11.24%
Lack of purpose or motivation (75)
12.78%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (33)
5.62%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (31)
5.28%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (63)
10.73%
Financial worries (38)
6.47%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (24)
4.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
5.79%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.56%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (59)
10.05%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (47)
8.01%

Watched Threads