The Student Room Group

Does it make a straight man gay, if he goes out with a transsexual?

I was watching a couple of videos of Gigi Gorgeous on Youtube, and in some of her vids is this guy (I assume he's her boyfriend) who comes across like an all American heterosexual man, expect for the fact that Gigi was born male.

It made me question, do guys go for women, because they are women, or they go for a particular look? If so, is there really such a thing as heterosexuality or homosexuality?

Scroll to see replies

Sounds like you need to read up on the current list of sexualities. Tumblr is a good place to start.
You fall in love with who you fall in love with.

I think in terms of your initial statement 'Does it make a straight man gay, if he goes out with a transsexual?' the female was born a man but now a woman, and had all of the reassignment complete then I dont think the male partner is then gay. He is with a woman, because she is no longer a man. If that makes any sense?
Reply 3
Hmmm I'd say bi...
Orientation is on a spectrum, just like gender, it's not that easy to put people into categories therefore. It really doesn't matter either. Some guys go for girls because they are girls and that's what they feel they should be doing. Others just go on who they fall in love with i.e. me as I'm pansexual, but what I identify as really doesn't matter. Gigi is beautiful and her private parts hardly matter therefore, but to some people it will.
Original post by perspiracious
No. It would make him pansexual.

This.
No.
He is probably autist-sexual
Reply 8
It makes him woksexual
Reply 9
No, it wouldn't...

Also, people, please don't use the phrase "born male" or "born female". As far as many trans* people are concerned, they always were male, female, agender, or whatever gender identity they view themselves as, but were assigned a different gender at birth on the basis of their genitalia.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10
He is gay. He can't exactly be straight can he?
No, Gigi identifies as female, therefore he is going out with a woman. He's not gay.
No, I don't think it does.
No, people are the gender they say they are, regardless of biological sex at birth. He's either straight or bi.
Reply 14
Original post by LouiseR1980
You fall in love with who you fall in love with.

I think in terms of your initial statement 'Does it make a straight man gay, if he goes out with a transsexual?' the female was born a man but now a woman, and had all of the reassignment complete then I dont think the male partner is then gay. He is with a woman, because she is no longer a man. If that makes any sense?

I get that she no longer looks male, and has probably had all the work done,but it's purely superficial, is he only there to look at her?
Reply 15
Original post by perspiracious
No. It would make him pansexual.

What's the difference between that and bisexuality?
Original post by NHM713

'Pansexuality' was started as a thing by a bunch of people who thought 'bisexuality' excluded transgender people (lol nope but ok)

i.e.
homo = ur gender
hetero = not ur gender
bi = both ur gender + not ur gender

How on earth that's exclusionary I'll never know, but alas...
Original post by al_94
He is gay. He can't exactly be straight can he?

A man that goes out with a woman cant be straight... That's a new.one for me...

Original post by NHM713

Attracted to any gender, rather than just man/woman.

Original post by молодой гений
'Pansexuality' was started as a thing by a bunch of people who thought 'bisexuality' excluded transgender people (lol nope but ok)

i.e.
homo = ur gender
hetero = not ur gender
bi = both ur gender + not ur gender

How on earth that's exclusionary I'll never know, but alas...

Holds on if you believe that gender is binary...
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by EllainKahlo
Orientation is on a spectrum, just like gender, it's not that easy to put people into categories therefore. It really doesn't matter either. Some guys go for girls because they are girls and that's what they feel they should be doing. Others just go on who they fall in love with i.e. me as I'm pansexual, but what I identify as really doesn't matter. Gigi is beautiful and her private parts hardly matter therefore, but to some people it will.

I would say she's an idea of what beauty is, to herself, I personally find her a bit 'plastic-e', but then I've often found it hard to stomach girly girls. It makes me question guys like him.
Reply 19
Original post by Ebony19
It makes him woksexual

Haha, what is that?

Latest

Trending

Trending