rachelmckeee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Desperately needing some help with uni courses, I've wanted to study pharmacy for a few years now but recently after work experience I've become more interested in like working in a lab as a research scientist, like drug development etc - would this be a career I could go into with a pharmacy degree or would it be better to study the likes of pharmaceutical science/pharmacology/biomed/biochem etc???
Gnomes&Knights
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Pharmacy is more respected than any other of the alternative courses you have listed. If you're bothered to spend 4 years of study and an extra year of pre-reg then go for it. Working in a Pharmacy and working in a lab are both sound jobs.
matl
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Working with drug companies you would be more inclined to study pharmacology as it is more based on drug manufacturing and research.
Min ^_^
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'd say doing pharmaceutical science would be the best option if u wanne work in industry u can work in industry eith pharmacology too...but pharmacy is mostly suited for people who are more intrested in the retail side of medicine rather than the industrial side...ofc u can work in industry too w pharmacy but idt ud be able to work in R&D. I wanne work in R&D too and thats why I did pharmaceutical science and im enjoying it so far.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
21.8%
Excited but a bit nervous (122)
45.86%
Not bothered either way (34)
12.78%
I'm really nervous (52)
19.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise