CGC237
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I am needing to hand my A-Level choices form in in a few days. So far I have written Psychology, biology and maths, then I will be doing an EPQ as an extra. However I am stuck between History and RS since I have been told that RS is not looked as highly upon when applying for universities. Later in life I want to be a psychologist.
Please Help!:confused::confused:
-sashadasha-
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Uni usually only need 3 grades at A-level so I'm sure if you have decent grades for your other subjects as well as an EPQ I'm sure RS won't really matter whether it's regarded highly or not. You should really do what you prefer because you'll do better if you enjoy the subject more.
dauntlesstraitor
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I do both History and Religous studies, and I can say that the latter is very, very hard. Three quarters of our class dropped out in the first 3 months. Yeah so I don't think uni's think less of RS

Do whatever you enjoy most, or get the best GCSE results in
Arcai
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think those subjects are good. As long as you do well in all your subjects then I don't think unis will look down on you having RS, especially since you have two facilitating subjects (bio and maths). Either history or RS would be a good choice.
smozsolution
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Either would be fine, I'd say do what you enjoy most and think you'll get a better grade in
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (712)
33.94%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (897)
42.76%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (396)
18.88%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.43%

Watched Threads