What is the function of extreme conditions within 'The Rime Of The Ancient Mariner'Watch
I have a few ideas such as:
- May reflect Mariners lonliness and isolation
- May be a way for the Mariner to get rid of his guilt
- May be based Coleridge's person experiences
- May be showing the beauty of nature
- Suggesting a new World; supernatural realm
- Purely from the poet's imagination
- Coleridge's opium drug addiction may have affected his writing of the poem.
I was wondering if anyone had anymore ideas and if someone could give me pointers on how to go about this question and get an A/B. Any help for A03 and A04 as well? Got no idea how i can incoorporate context in this...
I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed.