This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Anyone sit this exam today, 24th its the last A2 exam in the salters course.

What u think of it really cause I'm in that stage that anyone goes through when you replay the exam and guess your marks?

Which parts do you think where the hardest?

If anyone knows where I can get the 2003 june exam papers I would so Very VERY pleased.

Thanks,
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
this is the kind of exam where u can work out what u got though i don't think - there were just too many Q's to remember!

didn't think i did very well on it thought - left out some really obvious stuff like ethanol being volatile in the recrystallisation Q

also waffled for the Q on why the trans is blue and the cis orange
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
nearly missed out the last page!!! did u get that a precipitate forms?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
yeah me too. I dont like the evil 6-7 mark questions when you have to go into detail about something.

I didnt have a clue about that question, thanks, What about the N.M.r and I.R one?

Also how do you think you did on the polymers, protein and steel one?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I'm glad i meet you guys, cause I can ask you about a question thats been messing with my mind all day.

You know the question about the molecule thats breaks up and you have complete compound A and draw the structure for compound B what did you do?
bones
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well, you just had to fill in the hydrogens to complete the carboxylic acid, then there was an alcohol (ethanol i think) aswell.

I loved that exam, mainly because a lot of the stuff I had been revising and practising came up. Our chemistry teacher gave us just about every past paper dating back to 1993, and it's interesting to see that they just recycle some of the questions from a few years ago. Oh well, won't know the result until judgement day I suppose.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
good cause thats what I put too. I think it was ethanol but I was not sure because their were two molecules of it.

Also what were the answers to the solubility question cause I just guessed my way through that one.
bones
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You mean the solubility product of the chloride and silver ions?
Err can't remember my exact answer but basically the concentrations were both halved because the volumes doubled as they were being added together. I got the concentration as being more than Ksp, so a precipitate DID form.

That's just me - hope other people found the same!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
i got that a precipitate formed.

thought polymers, proteins etc. paper was ok - but i thought this one was harder, especially because i knew a lot of the chemistry, but just don't feel i put the write wording down for the marks. and i think with salters, u have to get the exact wording, b/c when u look at the markschemes they are quite specific - and i think some of my answers may have been too vague on hindsight
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (345)
34.6%
No (652)
65.4%

Watched Threads