The Student Room Group

Is this "enough" revision/night

I go through a past paper in any subject in which i'm taking if it's shorter than an hour i'll do 2, if it's an hour+ I will just do one.

On weekends I will do double (excluding friday...<<<not a weekend). Usually meaning I do around 10 past papers, I will get my teachers to mark them if they have time, but usually I do it myself to give me instant feedback. I then go over a double page spread 1 by 1. If i get full marks I move on, but try to scrutinize myself as much as possible to develop answers include key points etc. if i don't get full marks I get the mark scheme and write the answer in green pen (ugh it's disgusting).

i note down everything I didn't do so well in and then go to my text book and look over it. The following week i'll probably have to do another test on the same subject.

is this enough? Is this a good way? Any tips/feedbacks would be lovely. I will be starting next week, i have put it off for too long already.
Everyone learns differently so you will never get a definitive answer, I'd say that was enough but be careful you don't run out of past papers - in some subjects it happens really quickly.
Reply 2
Original post by Calzs34
I go through a past paper in any subject in which i'm taking if it's shorter than an hour i'll do 2, if it's an hour+ I will just do one.

On weekends I will do double (excluding friday...<<<not a weekend). Usually meaning I do around 10 past papers, I will get my teachers to mark them if they have time, but usually I do it myself to give me instant feedback. I then go over a double page spread 1 by 1. If i get full marks I move on, but try to scrutinize myself as much as possible to develop answers include key points etc. if i don't get full marks I get the mark scheme and write the answer in green pen (ugh it's disgusting).

i note down everything I didn't do so well in and then go to my text book and look over it. The following week i'll probably have to do another test on the same subject.

is this enough? Is this a good way? Any tips/feedbacks would be lovely. I will be starting next week, i have put it off for too long already.

I study in a very similar way and my marks have gone up, it's all about finding a method that allows your marks to improve, so if you are seeing progress it will be working :smile:
Original post by EwanAlive
I study in a very similar way and my marks have gone up, it's all about finding a method that allows your marks to improve, so if you are seeing progress it will be working :smile:

May i ask how many hrs you do avg a night? And what your grades are/predicted?
Reply 4
Just make sure you don't run out of past papers till the last few days before the exams!

Quick Reply

Latest