CeCe_Lovato
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
im going to choose my gcse subjects but i just wanted to get an idea by knowing that what subjects have you taken ??
misscrouton
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by CeCe_Lovato)
im going to choose my gcse subjects but i just wanted to get an idea by knowing that what subjects have you taken ??
My options were music, geography and French

What subjects are you interested in?
TVIO
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It doesn't much matter what you take at GCSE, A levels are the important thing.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Don't listen to the people who tell you GCSEs aren't important. It may not be important to them but at this point in your life, it's the most important thing to YOU. So you make sure you devote yourself to them. When you reach A levels, then you can start worrying about them and forget about GCSEs. Trust me, you're going to hear a lot of "GCSE is nothing", "it's not important" blah blah blah. Lol sorry but it just really pisses me off.

My subjects are the cores, so sciences (triple science), eng literature, eng Lang, Mathematics and then French, Arabic, Psychology, Geography, RS, ICT.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by CeCe_Lovato)
You do know this is the Cambridge Uni forum?

Pick the subjects you most enjoy

Posted from TSR Mobile
L'Evil Fish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
English Language and English Literature
Three sciences
Maths and stats
Art geography French and business studies
History and Media studies
Photography
RS and Welsh
SlowlorisIncognito
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi

I've moved this thread to the GCSE study help forum, as you're more likely to get useful and up to date advice here. Remember, most people now at university chose their GCSEs 5+ years ago, and a lot has changed since then!
aaliyahlongden
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm taking:

English Lang, English Lit, French, Maths, Biology, Economics, Chemistry, Music, History, I.T and P.E (compulsory).

they are iGCSE's however - but it still might help?

EXTRA INFORMATION if you wanted to know a LITTLE BIT more of what you're possibly in for:

I'm in Y10 now and I'm squeezing English Lang and Lit, and French into this year and will take my exams when the current Y11's do - so far on this course its been fast-paced but not overly difficult - just a gigantic workload! sometimes working until 12:00am / 1:00am at night (I'm 14 and finish school at 4:30, this is if i start homework and revision immediately after) however, I'm taking higher level \ extended for ALL my subjects though, as teachers recommended, soooo.... that probably has to do with the mountain of work i'm avoiding this half term now aswell. :unimpressed:

Tbh: I regret choosing Chem. THAT IS HARD! But, they've never been my strongest points, and my crappy teacher just got fired now anyway, so hopefully it was him, not the course!

GOOD LUCK IN CHOOSING YOUR SUBJECTS, its actually a fun (not scary) course, disregarding what I said above ahaha!

:bl:
oswalds
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I took the core subjects, and then History, Philosophy, French and Art. I regret Art and French just because they were quite difficult for me personally, and I now do History, Philosophy, English Literature and Psychology at AS.
08.f.poswal
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I was only allowed to pic two options which I was very disappointed about.
I chose Geography and textiles

Most people chose three at my school and I wish I got to do German as well.

I think its good to study a humanities subject and a language if you get the chance to.
get_in_the_robot
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My options are Spanish, History, Geography, R.E, Art, and Business Studies. I chose double science in my cores. I'm taking more than the recommended four. I'm also planning to take Japanese, as I already know a little and might as well push myself to GCSE, and the specification really is quite manageable to learn in a few months.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (56)
66.67%
I don't have everything I need (28)
33.33%

Watched Threads