Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CkoS)
    Cheer up, man!! Summer's practically here, and school's almost over! No reason to be sad for all i know
    Lol makes no difference to me I don't even go into college I just have to turn up for my exams hehehe....anyway i'm off for a while later xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)

It's not that though, I'm mature and stuff, they know I'm not stupid (although I do spill drinks and stuff...) I think it's also more because they can't exactly argue with him or have any power over him, if you know what I mean, but because I'm littler than him they can with me...

They still call me a child!
    Maybe it annoys them that you insist on writing in pink the whole time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)

It's not that though, I'm mature and stuff, they know I'm not stupid (although I do spill drinks and stuff...) I think it's also more because they can't exactly argue with him or have any power over him, if you know what I mean, but because I'm littler than him they can with me...

They still call me a child!
    Yeh but you need to show your parents you are, whenever my parents argue with me I always totally destroy them, and leave them without any comeback what so ever. The fact that im bigger than them means nothing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    Maybe it annoys them that you insist on writing in pink the whole time.
    Nah, I don't think that's it, although maybe it was the deciding factor...

You've got to love the pink!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Yeh but you need to show your parents you are, whenever my parents argue with me I always totally destroy them, and leave them without any comeback what so ever. The fact that im bigger than them means nothing!
    You've taken it for granted that my parents are reasonable people... They know I'm mature and as for the arguing with them thing they say I should be a lawyer...

It doesn't make any difference if one parent completely loses it and has temper tantrums...

Everyone's situation is different.

(btw I know where you live :eek: lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    I'm soooo annoyed at the moment, my confidence has gone, I had a bad night last night that only made it worse, my mum is being an annoying needy cow and I'm so stressed out. I've turned up my music up loud to drown her out anybody got any ideas how to cheer myself up
    watch the 'labyrinth' or a disney film

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    You've taken it for granted that my parents are reasonable people... They know I'm mature and as for the arguing with them thing they say I should be a lawyer...

It doesn't make any difference if one parent completely loses it and has temper tantrums...

Everyone's situation is different.

(btw I know where you live :eek: lol)
    Remember, when they get angry, it means youve won. I guess I dont really know where youre coming from though as Ive always had my parents wrapped around my little finger I know my brother definately gets a hardtime from them though..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Remember, when they get angry, it means youve won. I guess I dont really know where youre coming from though as Ive always had my parents wrapped around my little finger I know my brother definately gets a hardtime from them though..
    I win all the time then!
    In a logical way you'd have thought I'd get it easy from them, even though my brothers' are really clever I'm the one out of 3 kids who's worked the hardest at school and stuff and don't cause any trouble...

But my parents aren't logical so the theory goes out the window...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 16, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.