The Student Room Group

Private candidate - upcoming Physics and Chemistry EMPA's: where do I start revising?

Hey, so last year, I did my AS levels in sixth form. I did really badly, especially in my practicals for Chemistry and Physics. This year, I'm sitting my exams as an external candidate. I'm resitting the EMPAs for AS chem along with the EMPAs for A2 that I have coming up anyway.

I know that there's a certain date when the rough topic for the EMPAs gets released for students, but that is always very close to the exam itself. I'm going to look through past papers to get an idea of the topics, but I really want to know if there is some way of knowing all the possible topics they could be on, so I don't miss anything out revision wise.

I'm quite worried about this, because I feel like I'm going to be in the dark about it. I want to prepare, but I can't find any definitive lists of the topics that might be used for the practicals.

Any help would be appreciated.
Reply 1
Oh, also, I'm not even sure that I'll get given the topic along with other students on time because I'm external, which would obviously be a major disadvantage!

Quick Reply

Latest