misspsimmons
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
hey I got my coursework results today which was 46 out of 60 (B). I was aiming for a high mark but clearly I must have done something wrong. anyways is it still possible to achieve an A* because all my exams have been A* but my coursework is 25% of the GCSE. I am really depressed please help.
Jessnox
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I just got exactly the same mark on my coursework too and have just received my mock marks back which has given me an A*. If you do well on your other papers then you still have a decent chance at that A*. If you do the maths - each mark in the coursework does not actually count for that much. 75% overall was the A* boundary last year (I think) and so far the coursework has lost 5.8%. So you can certainly get your A* Hope you do well
Gilo98
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi guys, sorry for hijacking the thread but I'd really appreciate some help here,

Spoiler:
Show

For this course you study four themes - in the KGT paper you get asked on 3 of the 4 themes and the one you don't get asked about is the theme that is chosen for the SDME. OCR tell you which theme is being chosen for the SDME. This year, the SDME will be on 'Economic Development'. Does this mean I do not need to bother revising any of my case studies for the 'Economic Development' theme? As far as I'm aware, you still need to revise the 'Economic Development' content for the SDME but all the questions are based on the content of the resource booklet, which means I'd be wasting my time revising my case studies because I won't get any '8 mark' case study questions as seen in the KGT paper?

Please help me - the case studies are a bloody pain in the arse to learn!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (68)
61.82%
No (42)
38.18%

Watched Threads