Any Arabs in da house?

Watch
Yasmin-9970
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
hey guyssssssssss,

was wondering whether there was a thread for us arabs so i thought i'd make my own where are you all from?

w 3ala fikra im from Libya
Yasmin-9970
Rep:
?
ba-bumpppppp :confused:
queen-bee
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Queen of arabiaaaa checking in
Yasmin-9970
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cutty)
Hatta ani leebee. I hate transliterating Arabic, ahhhhhhh

Posted from TSR Mobile
no way, libyans are a rarity here bil 3aks ashal for me anyway, my laptop has no arabic keyboard so yeah......where in libya? im from benghazi but tarhuna elasl
Yasmin-9970
Rep:
?
(Original post by queen-bee)
Queen of arabiaaaa checking in
queen of errrythaang syrian right?
Yasmin-9970
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cutty)
Yeah they're a rare find, ani min trablis, lakin tawwa 3ayish fi britanya. Ajjow hni saga3 bukkul... Damn this typing is getting awkward Haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
haha you can stick to english, i live here too (London) and have done since i was born...us shraga would say ajjow hana saga3 bikil - love the differences in the accents lol mine is neutral #bestofboth

let me guess you live in manchester/coventry like 80% of libyans here :')
Yasmin-9970
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ghost.)
ARAB pride
:banana::banana2: :cool:

which country are you from Ghost?
Yasmin-9970
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cutty)
Haha no actually, I never been to Manchester or Coventry, I didn't know those were hotspots lol. I prefer to avoid any areas North of London, but now I'm stuck unfortunately. Ahh so you say bikkil! Nice I find the eastern lahja quite interesting, I can understand most of it except for some odd words. adunni ummi kanit min ish-sharug, lakin mish mitakkid. Ma 3omri ma tla3it kharij trablis illa lamma msheet li mkanat zay tajoora etc... Hope you can understand what I'm typing lol. Mish 3ajibni jaow il blad hadi, il ingleez ma yhibboosh il 3rab, nhis fi nafsee makrooh fi kul mkan

Posted from TSR Mobile
i can completely understand both my fave thing that you guys say is 'ga3id ma jaash' like that doesnt even make sense aha - and ana ma 3omri ma tla3t bara trablis w benghazi, gedash leek fe britania? w ana bil 3aks ana n7is ru7i 3adiya hni...libyan food = ew expect mbkbka lol
childofthesun
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Lebanese checking innnnn
Yasmin-9970
Rep:
?
(Original post by childofthesun)
Lebanese checking innnnn

hey gurrrl, lebanese girls are the prettiest imo

and whenever i tell someone im from libya they think that means im lebanese we both have Tripolis in our countries too hah
Yasmin-9970
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cutty)
OMG PLEASE TELL ME YOU DIDN'T JUST INSULT LIBYAN FOOD!! HOW DARE YOU hahaha!! Wow seriously, it's delicious if it's prepared properly. Cuscsy bil7am khroof, busla msagya, humus, Cuscsy t3am mhabbib bissaman ahhhhhhh it's truly a beautiful thing! Ya3ni....7aja mumtaza bilkamil!!! Nhib il mbakbka jariya bidjaaj, mmmmm mlee7a "bikkil" as you say Haha. But surely the BEST dishes have to be bazeen and 3usban, prepared in the traditional way with local ingredients and trained people ma fee shay a7sin min bazeen bi dgeeg sh3eer, di7i, lham g3ood (jmal sgheer), marga gnaina.... Absolutely amazing!!! We 3usban bil7am khroof, galb, kabda.... Ahhhhhhh!! Amazing!! That's classic wedding food or for special occasions, it's so difficult nowadays to come across people who can cook it properly in the traditional way, but damn, it's a thing of beauty it really is, I'm very passionate about our cuisine even though I don't eat it every day. Nhib 7lawat il3eed, zay il magrood, 3rayba, ka3k...etc etc

Ga3id ma jaash hahahahahahahahaahahahahahah yes I am aware that you guys don't understand this hahah! To you it must be so weird to hear that hahah, lahja trabilsiyya to3tobrooha bsar keef hahah,

Ani jeet hni fi alfeen wu tneen I think... Yes... Hmm... Liyya fatra tweela. I'm very offered about your comment towards makla libiyya Haha... Laa nbassir tab3an. But yeah, seriously it's amazing. Oh I forgot, 3seeda!! Amazing. 3seeda birrub, hadi 7aja khayaliyya!!! Nhibha halba. I found out they sell rub here!! I was extremely happy to find it!! I have it most days but 3seeda is quite difficult and messy to make, i haven't made it in about sitta sneen. Nhib nkhallut illuga lingleeziyya m3al 3arbiyya, haha, I do it all the time, bad habit.

Wow that was quite the essay...

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOOL easy tigeeerrrr, ive had it all my mum makes libyan food at least once a week shes a pro and i eat it but its not my fave would rather have a pasta tbh hahah -3aseeda on sundays, the 7lweeyat are nice of course ive gotta major sweet tooth laken bazeen is just meaty greasy dough, mst libyan food KOLA DHAAAN i cant deal with it, l7am jmal quite fatty too - mgrood and 3'rayba yeah love 'em w baklawa 6ab3an

welrub, weeeeen? we usually get it from there, whats it called? date honey?! lol i have no idea

w lahjtkom msh bsara i love it, 'gnaina' is too cute - we say sem7a - every heard that before? w 7ata ana nkhal6 el3arabi welinglizi wajedddd 'im salyying' (Praying) lolol
Yasmin-9970
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cutty)
People thinking you're from Lebanon when you're from Libya... Classic. If I had a penny for every time...

Posted from TSR Mobile
we'd be richer than gaddaffis great grandsons cousins cat! (yeah the money goes that far if youve got links to him) hah
childofthesun
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Yasmin-9970)
hey gurrrl, lebanese girls are the prettiest imo

and whenever i tell someone im from libya they think that means im lebanese we both have Tripolis in our countries too hah
Lool I remember speaking to this girl who said she was from Tripoli, and i got really excited thinking she was Lebanese...until she spoke Arabic and I could hardly understand what she was saying :lol:
queen-bee
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Yasmin-9970)
queen of errrythaang syrian right?
Oh I wish yes part syrian(my mum's side)
queen-bee
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Lool I remember speaking to this girl who said she was from Tripoli, and i got really excited thinking she was Lebanese...until she spoke Arabic and I could hardly understand what she was saying :lol:
I love Lebanese artists
Yasmin-9970
Rep:
?

LOOOOOOL especially for you soft-spoken lebs,western libyan is difficult to understand if youre not from libya - not as bad as morroccan though..is that even arabic?! Haha
Yasmin-9970
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cutty)
HHAHAHAAH i bet his cat wears expensive cat clothes and eats organic cat food

LOOOOOL and has cat manicures done every morning

did you ever go to libyan school on weekends?
Yasmin-9970
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cutty)
laa, ma 3omri mamsheet li madrsa libiyya fil weekends hni. LAKIN gabil, lamma jeet lilblad hadi, msheet lilmadrsa illeebiyya fee london bash ndeer imta7anat ishahadah il a3dadiyya (ta3rfeeha? i dont know if its still open....), ani greet il manhij illebee limuddat tis3a snee lakin battult ba3d attasa3, because i was doing english schooling and it was becoming increasingly difficult to study two curriculums side by side. wa inti? msheeti limadrsa libiyya?

excuse any typos
Sammeeee!!! I stopped after year 9 bsh nrakz on my gcses maybe we know eachother? Which one did you go to, elephant + castle/chelsea orrrrr? Mzalat open you know lol....w ana greet el manhaj from year 5 to year 9 i used to hate it so mucchhhh lol but im still in touch with my friends from there
Yasmin-9970
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cutty)
haha i know 'gnaina' is a bit too cute, usually only said by women, people will give you very weird looks if you started saying stuff like "ma7laha, gnaina, nazka, t'habbil, etc"

yes they have rub here, its called date syrup! best thing is, it's just as good as locally sourced rub, amazing texture and beautiful flavour. date honey LOL HAHA imagine if you mixed rub m3a 3sal....actually would be quite nice. binnisba lirrub, nishri feeh min dukkan bakistani, shoofy illink hada: http://www.melburyandappleton.co.uk/...0g-10629-p.asp

hada huwwa irrub illi nishri feeh, bentah 'sem7ah', that word isnt commonly used in trablis. btw kan 3indi sadeeq min warfalla (bin wleed), t3allimit minnah ba3d mustala7at, e.g. wajed....they say that all the time! we say halba, you say wajid,

klamik sa7, maklitna kulha nashawiyyat + dhaan. lakin tigdir tnaggus izzeet shwayya, manhibbish makla rzeena kul yoom....mumkin nakilha marra wa7da kul usboo3.

date honey...LOL

date honey

date honey

date honey

lol

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL i actually laughed out loud omg, k maybe that does sound a but stupid, shukran for the link tawa njarba w ngolk...and btw bin walid mzaal lahjethom b3eed 3lena hah e.g you say 7ni we say n7na (basically we speak proper arabic hehe and u say 3'odwa we say bokra
the north
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
haha im orginally from libya aswell...tarhuna to be more precise
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (59)
13.38%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (57)
12.93%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (169)
38.32%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (46)
10.43%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (87)
19.73%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (23)
5.22%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed