Turn on thread page Beta

Delirious? The best band ever! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Heya,

Has anyone listened to the band Delirious?

They are the best Christian Rock band EVER!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red)
    Heya,

Has anyone listened to the band Delirious?

They are the best Christian Rock band EVER!!!!

Wrong forum. THINK

Anyway, the best Christian Rock band? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    best christian rock band is a bit of a tautology isnt it?

EDIT: or oxymoron the word i am looking for

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean by oxymoron (ie figure of speech that combines two contradictory ideas)

Do tell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red)
    What do you mean by oxymoron (ie figure of speech that combines two contradictory ideas)

Do tell
    alot of the ethos of rock music is the idea of rebellion ie "drugs, sex and rock and roll", bad behaviour, mis-spent youth ect.
    Christianity is the model of conformiy, service and respect for previous generations.

Therefore on that level the two ideas are completely different. Christian folk i can understand but not christian rock music. To me its just the church trying to appeal to a wider audience and thus the music is no better than the junk that litters the chart whose only aim is to make profit. You should listen to music because you like it and the ideas behind it. (Its a personal thing.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    alot of the ethos of rock music is the idea of rebellion ie "drugs, sex and rock and roll", bad behaviour, mis-spent youth ect.
    Christianity is the model of conformiy, service and respect for previous generations.

Therefore on that level the two ideas are completely different. Christian folk i can understand but not christian rock music. To me its just the church trying to appeal to a wider audience and thus the music is no better than the junk that litters the chart whose only aim is to make profit. You should listen to music because you like it and the ideas behind it. (Its a personal thing.)
    It may be a "personal thing" but its wrong. Delirious don't try to appeal to mainstreem audience, their music is worshiping God in a BIG way.

But back to the point...YES Delirious? are most incredible. I went to their gig on tuesday...IT WAS AMAZING.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hohum)
    It may be a "personal thing" but its wrong. Delirious don't try to appeal to mainstreem audience, their music is worshiping God in a BIG way.

But back to the point...YES Delirious? are most incredible. I went to their gig on tuesday...IT WAS AMAZING.
    If its a personnal view on something then it can't be wrong as your view is no more correct than mine.

Worshiping God is conformity, Rock music is not about that eg. radiohead is a rock band that shows rock isnt about conformity.
    Call it folk if you must
    I assume there is a reason no one has ever heard of them....

ReputationRep:
    Media sub-forum

ReputationRep:
    I saw them live. Not intentionally. They were shite.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah hohum, you are sooooooooooooo right!!!

Rock doesn't mean "drugs" and "bad behaviour"!!!
    Its a genre of music!
    Live guitars, big sounds!

Delirious are an amazing band.
    They give worshipping God a modern vibe which appeals to the youth of today.

They are Gods messengers

And they ROCK!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    i feel bad for being an athiest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hohum)

Delirious have still got my ex-bf's smoke machines!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icklehc)
    i feel bad for being an athiest
    why? because you can't listen to this cool music?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red)
    Yeah hohum, you are sooooooooooooo right!!!

Rock doesn't mean "drugs" and "bad behaviour"!!!
    Its a genre of music!
    Live guitars, big sounds!

Delirious are an amazing band.
    They give worshipping God a modern vibe which appeals to the youth of today.

They are Gods messengers

And they ROCK!!!!!!
    lol @ God's messengers
    Its a genre of music and these guys have hijacked it to put across their message.
    Its like combat 18 using the Simpson's for recruitment, distasteful

ReputationRep:
    If its a personnal view on something then it can't be wrong as your view is no more correct than mine.

Worshiping God is conformity, Rock music is not about that eg. radiohead is a rock band that shows rock isnt about conformity.
    Call it folk if you must
    Yeah but if its based on false information then how could it possibly be right.

example: It is my personal opinion that blue trees are better than green trees.
    however, quite clearly i have been misinformed of the normal colour of trees, and although my statement was a personal opinion, it was in fact wrong.

ReputationRep:

Call it folk if you must
    And frankly, if you choose not to conform in this society then you are just conforming to a million other spotty rebellious youths in this country.

Lets face it, being a Christian is about standing up for what you believe in, its certainly not conforming. Its more about rebelling against all the evil in the world. Bet you anything its harder and more rewarding to be a Christian in a non Christian world, than it is to be a rebellious anarchist in a rebellious anarchistic world.

ReputationRep:
    And they're not even the best christian rock band now, despite the narrow bracket that that is. Try Lifehouse, you've probably heard Hanging By A Moment and just not realised who they are...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hohum)
    Yeah but if its based on false information then how could it possibly be right.

example: It is my personal opinion that blue trees are better than green trees.
    however, quite clearly i have been misinformed of the normal colour of trees, and although my statement was a personal opinion, it was in fact wrong.
    please provide the false info for the following statement,

(Original post by speciez99)
    Personally i think you will find alot of music is about conformity and alot of christianity is about conformity. Therefore my judgement can't be wrong as like on the subject as to whether a something is beautiful its a personally judgement.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.