York, Warwick or Edinburgh for History of Art?

Watch
Devontth
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I have unconditionals from all three universities but am very torn between which one to choose.

1. Warwick is ranked higher in the league tables for university and slightly lower than York for course - although the campus is very sparse and similar to York (But it's in the middle of nowhere)

2. York city is amazing, the course is highly ranked, the uni is slightly lower than Warwick and its not so far from the main city.

3. Edinburgh is my dream uni but my parents and I are very put off by the 4th year, as it will cost an extra £15,000+. The course is ranked 20th (lower than the others) but the university is apparently 17th in the world? And the student satisfaction for History of Art and many other courses is ver low! It is second from the bottom for course satisfactory.

I'd appreciate any advice/help you could offer!!!
Thank you!
Flather
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'd go to York if it's ranked close to Warwick. Would much rather live in York than Coventry. I don't personally think Edinburgh is as good as York or Warwick
Gnomes&Knights
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Warwick is like Durham so I would choose Warwick over York any day. I wouldn't choose Edinburgh as it's a 4 year course and it's quite cold up there is Scotland.
dauntlesstraitor
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Deffo York From people I know, Warwick isn't actually as good as people think.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (24)
16.78%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (48)
33.57%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (14)
9.79%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (14)
9.79%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (7)
4.9%
I think it's an unfair expectation (33)
23.08%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
2.1%

Watched Threads