Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    As well all know, sven's tactics are dull and do not use england's talents to their best. We also know, his squad will spring few surprises and will unfortunately be as follows:

1. David James
    2. Paul Robinson
    3. Ian Walker

4. Gary Neville
    5. Ashley Cole
    6. Sol Campbell
    7. John Terry
    8. Danny Mills
    9. Wayne Bridge
    10. Ledley King
    11. Jamie Carragher

12. David Beckham
    13. Steven Gerrard
    14. Nicky Butt
    15. Paul Scholes
    16. Frank Lampard
    17. Kieron Dyer
    18. Owen Hargreaves
    19. Joe Cole

20. Michael Owen
    21. Wayne Rooney
    22. Emile 'the lawnmower' Heskey
    23. Darius Vassel

The only deviation from this squad, as far i'm concerned, may be the inclusion of Southgate instead of carragher if deemed fit. Let's hope i'm wrong and sven's springs a surprise and defoe and parker make it in at the expense of vassel and hargreaves....the chances are slim-none.
    You heard it here first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leisch)
    22. Emile 'the lawnmower' Heskey
    David Blaine was a bit gutted to discover that his record was broken by Emile Heskey, for the longest time spent by a person in a box doing nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Sven can't go wrong by picking the players predicted in the tabloids by sports writers, like he usually does. If they do well, its pats on the back all round. If they fail miserably, it'll be the players' faults for underperforming, after all, he picked the best team.
    If they fail, the media will launch an assault on Sven - no doubt about it. It will either be down to his tactical ineptness during the tournament, his inabilities to distinguish between talentless and great players i.e. heskey and defoe or anything else they can find. The players very rarely get blamed. However, in this case i think it would be totally justified. Playing bland, long ball football when you've got the likes of cole, gerrard, parker, dyer, lampard as options is absurd. If we utilised our strengths and played good football to the feet of owen and defoe/rooney, we'd be hard to stop.

ReputationRep:
    the team looks pretty hot, so they should win.
    my team would be:

James

G.Neville Terry Campbell A.Cole

Beckham Gerrard Scholes Lampard

Owen Rooney

too much attack though maybe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    David Blaine was a bit gutted to discover that his record was broken by Emile Heskey, for the longest time spent by a person in a box doing nothing.
    lol i LIKE that here have sum rep!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    the team looks pretty hot, so they should win.
    my team would be:

James

G.Neville Terry Campbell A.Cole

Beckham Gerrard Scholes Lampard

Owen Rooney

too much attack though maybe
    u live in a deluded world my friend. as much as we debate what we'd like to see, we know that the diamond formation will prevail and we're gona have to learn to live with that and the exlcusion of lampard, the most in-form midfielder in the epl.......but just for kicks i'd go...naaah.... i'll resist, it just exacerbates the pain the diamond brings. oh what cud've been....

Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.