Turn on thread page Beta

What's the worst punishment your rents have given you? watch

ReputationRep:
    Once I spoke back to my dad and he wanted to smack me so I ran Upstairs and he grabbed my ankel and I fell down backwards and sprained my ankel but that was an accident. Second worse was probably when I got grounded aged 13 for 3 months because my mum found out I had kissed a guy.

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite skilled in self defence now though...

I just seem to remember my parents shouting and my dad shouting so much that it upset me and used to make me cry, lol I was a sensitive kid, now I find it funny though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    Second worse was probably when I got grounded aged 13 for 3 months because my mum found out I had kissed a guy.
    You deserved it. Men are evil.

ReputationRep:
    0808 800 5000..yes when it starts at like a dinner at a restaurent I just start muttering it and my dad gets annoyed because he thinks I am "unttering disgusting swear words" until I say it louder and louder and then people start looking at this 60 yr old banker having a heart attack from bad anger management.......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    Who said anything about harm or injury?
    Harm encompasses things beyond physical pain. It includes emotional effects as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Do Chickens Fly)
    Harm encompasses things beyond physical pain. It includes emotional effects as well.
    Woah sensing a bit of TOO MUCH INDEPTH PSYCHO ANALYSING over in that corner!

ReputationRep:
    So what do you do when a child has done wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    When parents are like that, do you ever feel like a potato?
    lolll yeah i do hihihi

ReputationRep:
    pat it on the head obviously according to that guy.......and when it does something good you.......pat it on the head. Well that could get confusing! OR you could lock it in the shed

ReputationRep:
    Whatever you like, but don't expect them to thank you for it now or in the future.

Whether they can/can't thank you for it is a matter of their judgement of how right/wrong your methods were.

ReputationRep:
    My parents are cool, they don't punish me. The worst thing my dad did was punch me when i punched my brother in the face. It's so hypocritical

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps this is slightly off-topic, but does anyone feel grateful for the punishments they got when they were younger? I remember the phrase "You'll thank me for this when your older" being muttered to me by my dad before the smacking started!
    Do you realise how sick that sounds?

ReputationRep:
    Whether they can/can't thank you for it is a matter of their judgement of how right/wrong your methods were.
    Yes, that was what my original question was trying to establish - whether or not you'd thank your parents for the methods they used to teach you right and wrong.

Anymore questions you wish to pointlessly over-complicate or circles you fancy going round it?!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Do you realise how sick that sounds?
    No! Explain!...

ReputationRep:
    You deserved it. Men are evil.
    Are you serious or joking? I hope you are joking.

ReputationRep:
    my mom just shooted at us coz we finished the burger bread and we didnt tell her

ReputationRep:
    to kingslaw.....from the shed dweller- I think everyone has lost their sense of humour and taking everything a bit too liturally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    Are you serious or joking? I hope you are joking.
    Joking of course. However, if I had been caught kissing boys at 13, not only would I have been grounded, it would have been a pretty big lifestyle choice!

ReputationRep:
    worst prob the odd smack when younger. i remember not being allowed to go to the zoo untill i had done these maths questions. i remember getting really worked up cus my mum was looking at me while iwas doing them and i couldnt concentrate...yuk...horrible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammypotato)
    my mom just shooted at us coz we finished the burger bread and we didnt tell her
    treading dangerous ground there...I got sent to my room for falling alseep in my roast dinner this lunch, ah sundays gotta luv'em.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.