Girls, does height matter to you?

Watch
Poll: What is the ideal height for you in men?
5"9 or - (10)
9.8%
5"10 (11)
10.78%
5"11 (12)
11.76%
6"0 (22)
21.57%
6"1 (15)
14.71%
6"2+ (32)
31.37%
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Bealzibub)
Does your partners height matter to you in a relationship?, if so what is the minimum height?

Also, please state your height too
It matters so much as it's extremely important what the guy's height is. If they aren't between 5"10.787 - 6"1.946 then i discount them immediately from any relationship and they have no potential.

I check their exact height as soon as they start to talk to me, with a tape measure i keep in my pocket.

I'm 4"11ish
denteddental
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It certainly does. I'm 5'9" and wear heels most of the time. Anything above 6ft is good.
vital-phenomena
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm 5'5 and he has to be taller than me; ideally 5'8+ as I always wear shoes with a heel.
(Plus any children would be mixed and tall )
ubi1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
In the USA 14% men are 6ft tall and only 4% are 6'2 or taller, women really do want the top percentage of guys don't they.
kiki37
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I wouldn't like to be with a guy who was smaller than me. My boyfriend is 5ft8 which is kind of small for a guy but I'm 5ft2 so I don't mind! As long as they're taller than me it's cool
dogs4eva7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Height matters a little as I'm short so taller the better but not too tall. 5'6" - 5'8" is good enough, I'm 5'1".
Can't be dealing with 5'11 and 6ft+ again #neckhurts
username1432214
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by ubi1)
In the USA 14% men are 6ft tall and only 4% are 6'2 or taller, women really do want the top percentage of guys don't they.
Haha I know right. Although, this generation is definitely taller tho.. Anyone who is shorter than what they would like should just wear shoe lifts to gain an inch of two.. should be okay given women deceive us with their appearance 24/7
ubi1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Haha I know right. Although, this generation is definitely taller tho.. Anyone who is shorter than what they would like should just wear shoe lifts to gain an inch of two.. should be okay given women deceive us with their appearance 24/7
soo true +1
Profesh
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ubi1)
On the other hand, it really doesn't take a 99th percentile intelligence to correctly parse the qualifying significance of the word 'ideal' as relates to such a question.
NettleRune
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm 5'8 and my boyfriend is 5'11. As long as he isn't shorter than me I don't mind!
D_ecrivaine
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I guess you're incapable of being able to detect whether a woman is wearing heels? If you're talking about make up, technically the way you style yourself/your face is a better way of showing who you are then the face you were given by genetics with no say in the matter.
Belvitaaa
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Prefer tall guys. I'm around 5 foot 2 or 5 foot 3 and my partner is 6 foot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonymous #1
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by gemmam)
As long as he's at least the same height as me I'm not really bothered.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How come this matters so much to girls? I'm not criticising, since you can't help what you're attracted to, but it seems like basically no girls would date a guy shorter than them.
Kimberlyfoster
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm almost 5"7 but i prefer guys nearer to my height, so around 5"8 to 5"9.
Quantom
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
How come this matters so much to girls? I'm not criticising, since you can't help what you're attracted to, but it seems like basically no girls would date a guy shorter than them.
Height is a sign of masculinity, and women find masculine traits attractive, just like men find feminine traits attractive e.g: Long hair, breasts, full lips etc.
aoxa
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I prefer taller guys, but considering I'm only 5'2, and rarely wear heels, it's not hard to be taller than me :lol:
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
6'4 master race here.

Can confirm my height has only ever been a plus.
Anonymous #1
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Quantom)
Height is a sign of masculinity, and women find masculine traits attractive, just like men find feminine traits attractive e.g: Long hair, breasts, full lips etc.
Yeah but whilst eg long hair on girls may be a preference, I've never heard a guy say "I'd never go out with a girl with short hair".

Whereas for women, a guy's height seems like a requirement rather than a preference. Essentially every girl says they wouldn't date a shorter guy. I just find it strange that it is emphasised so much, but I guess it's just hardwired evolutionary preferences.
slade p
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
6'2 master race checking in. No surprise the 6'2+ Option is on top.

Even without studies us tall guys would already know most girls love tall guys.
EloiseStar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Does your partners height matter to you in a relationship?, if so what is the minimum height?

Also, please state your height too
Not voting because I don't have a specific height for the ideal man. My boyfriend is 6'3, I am 5'3. Height doesn't really get in the way and him being a lot taller than me doesn't bother me what-so-ever.

I'm not shallow enough to not date somebody because they were smaller than me. We all have our faults.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (71)
21.45%
No (260)
78.55%

Watched Threads