The Student Room Group

Are you more attracted to people based on sex or gender?

I'm not really attracted to people based on gender I could care less what gender expression one has. I'm way more attracted to people based on their sex. It makes a lot of people uncomfortable it seems because I have always felt it was implied we should be attracted to people on their gender not sex. Personally the way I'm wired im not even really attracted to the masculine gender more the feminine gender expressions but I just prefer people with the biological male sex. Anyhow what about you?
purely attracted to biological women
Sex, mainly. If they have a vagina, it's all good. I've dated people of different genders, but what they all had in common was a vagina.
Reply 3
Original post by vanessa409
Sex, mainly. If they have a vagina, it's all good. I've dated people of different genders, but what they all had in common was a vagina.

For me it isn't just having a penis bubut it's also along with that other characteristics that go with being biological male. I'm totally in attracted to vaginas real or fake ones for that matter
Reply 4
Original post by Justadude14
I'm not really attracted to people based on gender I could care less what gender expression one has. I'm way more attracted to people based on their sex. It makes a lot of people uncomfortable it seems because I have always felt it was implied we should be attracted to people on their gender not sex. Personally the way I'm wired im not even really attracted to the masculine gender more the feminine gender expressions but I just prefer people with the biological male sex. Anyhow what about you?

This is the most stupid desperate attempt at pseudo intelligence question i've EVER seen on tsr. Attraction is not so simple that you can even describe it like that, if you take a straight couple as an example, females are attracted to male characteristics, the way they look, the things they do, that makes up their and is common within their GENDER. Women dont have these same characteristics, they don't look the same, they don't act the same, they don't even give off the same vibes, because WE ARE NOT THE SAME. It's not like when you think of "male" you start thinking oh the sound of a man is attractive, you are attracted to a PERSON and them biologically, not the IDEA of them.

Attracted to sex or gender? What? Take several seats -.-
Reply 5
Original post by Lulu24
This is the most stupid desperate attempt at pseudo intelligence question i've EVER seen on tsr. Attraction is not so simple that you can even describe it like that, if you take a straight couple as an example, females are attracted to male characteristics, the way they look, the things they do, that makes up their and is common within their GENDER. Women dont have these same characteristics, they don't look the same, they don't act the same, they don't even give off the same vibes, because WE ARE NOT THE SAME. It's not like when you think of "male" you start thinking oh the sound of a man is attractive, you are attracted to a PERSON and them biologically, not the IDEA of them.

Attracted to sex or gender? What? Take several seats -.-

No it just looks like you don't know what gender is if you calm down I can explain.

Also I have had straight men attracted to me and I am very different from a woman in many ways. It's because some straight men are attracted to the female sex regardless of your gender. And some are attracted to women regardless of the biological sex. It depends on the person.

Gender is more mental sex is physical. You can't see gender. You can see sex most of what you're talking about is sex not what is in the mind(gender)

In a sense gender is apart of emotional attraction sex is apart of sexual attraction. My emotional attraction doesn't really have a preference but in the physical sense it does. Even though emotionally im confused I long for a man not a transwoman an actual man. But ive never had that much problem with the idea of having a wife just that I think I would still need a man in my life I think. But mostly my attraction resonates with my sexual attraction to men than anything.
(edited 9 years ago)
Jesus h Christ what's with your generation needing to label absolutely everything.

If you like girls you like girls, if you like guys you like guys. How is it anymore difficult than that.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Jesus h Christ what's with your generation needing to label absolutely everything.

If you like girls you like girls, if you like guys you like guys. How is it anymore difficult than that.

Where did you see a label?

I was simply describing my sexuality. And asking others about theirs.... Whether the prefer a specific gender or sex... No la eps though.
Original post by Justadude14

sex, obviously.

If a girl decided she wanted to wear trousers and play sports and drink beer, why on earth would that bother anyone?

and vice versa etc

Gender is largely irrelevant. Its pretty meaningless.
What is the difference!!! Either you have a penis and are male or a vagina and female. Either you like men, women or both!!!
Original post by Anonymous
What is the difference!!! Either you have a penis and are male or a vagina and female. Either you like men, women or both!!!

Sex is what you're describing.

Gender is more mental. Masculine or feminine spectrums.
Original post by cole-slaw
sex, obviously.

If a girl decided she wanted to wear trousers and play sports and drink beer, why on earth would that bother anyone?

and vice versa etc

Gender is largely irrelevant. Its pretty meaningless.

I know girls who wouldn't be attracted to someone of the male sex who wears full on make up and wearing a dress and long hair etc... I don't mind it personally I might think they are really beautiful it goes together all well it won't matter to me either way. Because that matters is sex not gender.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending