The Student Room Group

Do women ever buy sexy underwear for themselves, or for their boyfriends?

Most women I know buy sexy lace underwear because they know it will turn on their partners, but do some women actually like wearing this kind of stuff, i.e. to work or uni, or is it just a bedroom thing?
Reply 1
Of course they do. Personally, when I'm wearing nice lingerie I feel more confident and definitely sexier.
I used to buy underwear as it was part of my job (spent three years as a pole dancer) but I used to enjoy buying it for my other half.
Underwear shopping is one of my favourite things to do even just for myself, having good underwear makes you feel sexy and confident, though I know a lot of people who don't feel comfortable wearing it day to day.

Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 3
I always wear sexy underwear.

That way, if I'm ever peckish I can just nibble on my strawberry laced thong.
I would wear nice underwear whether I was with a partner or not. It definitely makes you feel good! I've found that even just wearing a nice pair of black lace underwear as opposed to basic cotton ones during shark week helps me feel just a little bit better. Now if only they made pretty strapless bras in my size... :sad:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by clonedmemories
I would wear nice underwear whether I was with a partner or not. It definitely makes you feel good! I've found that even just wearing a nice pair of black lace underwear as opposed to basic cotton ones during shark week helps me feel just a little bit better. Now if only they made pretty strapless bras in my size... :sad:

This annoys me to no end. I have never found a strapless bra that will stay up/is comfortable. So annoying :angry:

And OP some days I like to wear pretty undies if I'm feeling good anyway.
Original post by Precious Illusions
This annoys me to no end. I have never found a strapless bra that will stay up/is comfortable. So annoying :angry:

And OP some days I like to wear pretty undies if I'm feeling good anyway.

I have a bog-standard one that I wear for day-to-day, but it's just a very basic nude one I got for cheap when the La Senza near me was closing down! Equally, I don't really need to wear a bra at all (in theory, and sometimes I do so in reality as well, but only if what I'm wearing otherwise doesn't show my nipples off others!) so it's not so bad. But I really wish they made pretty ones in my size! I saw a beautiful one on Boux Avenue the other day, but they started at B cups. Buying bras is so difficult :sadnod:

Equally, my partner bought me underwear last Christmas, and he apparently now has a new-found appreciation for how difficult it is to find things that are both pretty and affordable, and in the right size!

Quick Reply

Latest