The Student Room Group

What collges/sixth form will accept 19 year olds for A levels???

I'm 19 and eager to get back into study for my A levels but find it difficult as I only have 4 GCSE's grade A-C, 5th GCSE at a grade D
You will have to enrol on to an Access Course as 18 is the maximum age for A-Level/BTEC students. Access courses can often also provide you with additional support and qualifications equivalent to GCSE's should you require them (maths, English, etc.) Look around your local colleges or colleges within the area to see what access courses are available to you.
Reply 2
You can do A Levels aged 19+, I intend to go back this September and I will turn 20 in the first year of study. My college have said it's perfectly fine to do them, but I only get part funding and have to pay the rest.

I don't know about 6th forms, but I'm sure colleges would accept you and potentially charge you.
Original post by Inexorably
You can do A Levels aged 19+, I intend to go back this September and I will turn 20 in the first year of study. My college have said it's perfectly fine to do them, but I only get part funding and have to pay the rest.

I don't know about 6th forms, but I'm sure colleges would accept you and potentially charge you.

No sixth forms in my area would take me when I enquired about enrolling at 18, they said I would have to pay for the second year myself. The college would take me at 18 though to do a BTEC extended diploma. At the open day, I helped out and tutors told us to turn away those over 18 and direct them to the access course.

Quick Reply

Latest