The Student Room Group

OCR LAW G151 Friday 22nd May 2015

Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone had an idea of potential questions that will come up.
i was thinking,
1- Training route of barristers and solicitors
2- ADR
3- Stop and Search

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Heyy, I'm doing this exam too. Im so stressed out I only started revising for law recently and I wanted an A but Im not sure that I will get it.
I don't have any predictions though..
My mock exam is on wednesday So i've been revising sentencing, Jury, Police powers and Legal Profession.
Heyy Guys,
Exams are close so I was wondering if any of you have predictions for the G151 Law exam?
Hey! I'm doing Law OCR too, for Sources of Law my teacher predicts Legislation and Delegated Legislation but I really don't know, Its so hard to predict!
Reply 5
Original post by Aimee2011
Hey! I'm doing Law OCR too, for Sources of Law my teacher predicts Legislation and Delegated Legislation but I really don't know, Its so hard to predict!

Chances are though, statutory interpretation wont come up, it was on last year
Yeah It was statutory interpretation and Judicial Precedent, what are your predictions guys
really hoping legislation and Delegated are a joint question in SoL, but I'm expecting it to be something like EU law and Law reform, and precedent.
As for ELS as long as Judicery or Legal Aid aren't the 2 section B questions as my teachers have chosen not to teach these. Hoping for ADR, Bail, Civil Courts and Magistrates, or Juries.
Oh yeah that's a good idea because Legal aid and Judiciary haven't been on the section B before, I'm just scared to miss out two topics just in case :/ In our class we've missed out EU law so hope it's not on there and I've only just started revising so RIP good grades :colondollar:
EU laws one of those which ranges really wide, but at least doesn't have that many cases in it.
Still got half of Statutory interpretation and Law reform to do.
Anyone found a way to remember cases?
Nope not yet! Some people say just associate a key word with them (E.g. Pepper V Hart = Snail). Sorry does anyone have last years Past paper and/or Mark scheme for ELS (May 2014 OCR Law AS) PLEASE
Any other predictions guys, I'm so scared for this & what topics are you going to miss out (I'm sure the max we can miss is two topics right?)
Nope not yet! Some people say just associate a key word with them (E.g. Pepper V Hart = Snail). Sorry does anyone have last years Past paper and/or Mark scheme for ELS (May 2014 OCR Law AS) PLEASE

Wasnt pepper v hart about tax?
Any other predictions guys, I'm so scared for this & what topics are you going to miss out (I'm sure the max we can miss is two topics right?)

We are not doing Legal Aid or EU law. Just finishing statutory interpretation
Original post by LaurenceJ96
Wasnt pepper v hart about tax?

Oh crap yeah thank you! I meant Donoghue V Stevenson oops
Original post by LaurenceJ96
We are not doing Legal Aid or EU law. Just finishing statutory interpretation

ah yeah okay, we are missing out them too but I feel like there's still so much to learn even with missing out two
Reply 16
Police powers, bail, sentencing and legal profession. My dream paper
Reply 17
Look at all past papers and you'll notice a pattern :wink:
Really hoping its the criminal courts, civil courts, police powers and the separation of powers!!
That looks likely!

GUYS, here's a table of all the topics that have come up and in which section, this should help with guessing whats on the paper.
Then we can discuss after the exam how accurate we were and how hard it was, gah I'm so scared :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending