The Student Room Group

Is this really bad...

I dislike chemistry so far at the moment with this year 10 gcse course, but I want to go into medicine in the future? Is it important I enjoy chemistry? I like human biology though!
Original post by Tiger-lily15
I dislike chemistry so far at the moment with this year 10 gcse course, but I want to go into medicine in the future? Is it important I enjoy chemistry? I like human biology though!

It is semi important that you enjoy chemistry as this makes it much easier to get good grades in it, especially at A2.

I have to admit I love a level chemistry but didn't really like chemistry at GCSE till my further modules (triple science)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chemistry is the most asked-for subject if you want to get into Medicine, it's even more important than biology.

It doesn't really matter if you hate chem as long as you get good grades, but I'm sure chemistry will grow on you, it's an interesting subject once you get into it.
Original post by piotr.irving
Chemistry is the most asked-for subject if you want to get into Medicine, it's even more important than biology.

It doesn't really matter if you hate chem as long as you get good grades, but I'm sure chemistry will grow on you, it's an interesting subject once you get into it.

Thank you, yeah it's beginning to a little more:smile: Hopefully there's more interesting topics as so far we have done things like organic chemistry which doesn't really interest me at all:rolleyes:
Original post by Natalierm2707
It is semi important that you enjoy chemistry as this makes it much easier to get good grades in it, especially at A2.

I have to admit I love a level chemistry but didn't really like chemistry at GCSE till my further modules (triple science)

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you you this made me feel a lot better:smile:
Chemistry will help massively to be honest. Most of A level biology overlaps with chemistry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chemistry is an essential subject for all medical schools, if you don't like Chemistry then a career in an industry so heavily focused on chemistry is something you shouldn't ever pursue.

My brother was doing Chemistry A- Level; but because he did not like it; he could not give the subject all the attention it needed. He switched his Chemistry and is now studying English Lit @ Cambridge.

Medical School in the UK has some modules that are all Chemistry and no Biology (Pharmacology).

If you do not like Chemistry I really strongly advise you don't try for Chemsitry and do something else that is your passion :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest