The Student Room Group

If a girl you like shakes your hand...

...has she ruled out the possibility of you asking her out?

Edit: You go to a conference together where you meet each other for the first time. At the end of the conference you walk her to the station and say "it was very lovely meeting you" and she offers to shake your hand.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xylas
...has she ruled out the possibility of you asking her out?

You could make her like you but if she likes you straight off(ie attraction) then she probably would have hugged you but it doesn't mean anything anyway(women are crazy :biggrin:). Try hugging her next time rather than the hand shake. see what happens!
Depends on the situation really

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
In a business context fine. Socially a bit bizarre and I don't think it is the best of signs.
Reply 4
Original post by Emilygeorgia98
Depends on the situation really

I've updated the OP
Reply 5
No, she was just being polite. You can't expect her to drop her panties just because she likes you.
In that case yes, you wouldn't hug at the end of a conference, Somebody that you've just met

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well if she's never going to see you again...
Reply 8
Original post by Foo.mp3
65% probable yes, unless you've met in a formal context or this is a greeting at the start of an initial RV :holmes:

Ok it's a formal context but I've updated the OP with specifics
Reply 9
Original post by Arkasia
No, she was just being polite. You can't expect her to drop her panties just because she likes you.

So a handshake is just a polite, meaningless gesture - should I look into it further?
Reply 10
In that case yes, you wouldn't hug at the end of a conference, Somebody that you've just met

Do you mean 'No she hasn't ruled out the possibility'?
No, I wouldn't say she has. What she did for that situation was polite and appropriate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by xylas
You go to a conference together having met each other for the first time. At the end of the conference you walk her to the station and say "it was very lovely meeting you" and she offers to shake your hand.
Could be positive. Ask her out.
Reply 13
Original post by Zarek
Could be positive. Ask her out.

Already did, it's been 2 days no reply...
Reply 14
No, I wouldn't say she has. What she did for that situation was polite and appropriate

Thank you very much :smile:
Original post by xylas
Already did, it's been 2 days no reply...

That's probably more of a clue than the hand shake.
Reply 16
Original post by Foo.mp3
:colondollar::colondollar::colondollar::colondollar:

Next time a girl you connect with offers you a hand give it a kiss, old school style, and then tell her to 'bring it in', before pulling her in gently for a hug

Yeah I thought about that after she left but then I didn't want to embarrass her in public.
Reply 17
Original post by SmashConcept
That's probably more of a clue than the hand shake.

Yeah but that's after I already asked her out...
Then you shove her hand down your pants
Original post by xylas
Yeah but that's after I already asked her out...

That's usually how it works when you get turned down.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending