Turn on thread page Beta

Should I run for a place in the Head Boy team? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    At first, I simply wanted to run for the sake of pleasing my family (as both my sisters were head girl/deputy head girl in their school) but now I actually want to run and make an impact on the school.

The problem is that I get really nervous about public speaking and I worry about rejection a lot. I didn't get the role of prefect which I think makes me look like an crazy idiot in terms of running for the head boy team and also I think no one will vote for me.

Should I still run for it if I want to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaelozua)
    At first, I simply wanted to run for the sake of pleasing my family (as both my sisters were head girl/deputy head girl in their school) but now I actually want to run and make an impact on the school.

The problem is that I get really nervous about public speaking and I worry about rejection a lot. I didn't get the role of prefect which I think makes me look like an crazy idiot in terms of running for the head boy team and also I think no one will vote for me.

Should I still run for it if I want to?
    Personally I think the whole prefect/head boy/head girl/prom queen/popularity-contest is a load of crap which has absolutely no impact on the real world and is forgotten within a year of leaving school. If anything it just adds additional stress and distraction to children who's focus should be solely upon their exams grades.

But if it makes you happy; go for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ezisola)
    Personally I think the whole prefect/head boy/head girl/prom queen/popularity-contest is a load of crap which has absolutely no impact on the real world and is forgotten within a year of leaving school. If anything it just adds additional stress and distraction to children who's focus should be solely upon their exams grades.

But if it makes you happy; go for it.
    That's what I thought at first, but I do want to get involved as I believe it would be a good opportunity.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.