French question Watch

ameehannah
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
"Jaime ma chambre puisque la Donne sur la ville" is it okay to replace chambre with la like I did in that sentence or what should I do?
Anna Schoon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ameehannah)
"Jaime ma chambre puisque la Donne sur la ville" is it okay to replace chambre with la like I did in that sentence or what should I do?
No, you should replace "chambre" with elle (for "it") because it is the subject of the verb donner. So: J'aime ma chambre parce qu'elle donne sur la ville.

You can only use la when it is the direct object of the verb. For example: Où est la radio? Je ne la vois pas. (Here the subject of the verb is Je, the direct object is la, for "it").
ameehannah
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Anna Schoon)
No, you should replace "chambre" with elle (for "it") because it is the subject of the verb donner. So: J'aime ma chambre parce qu'elle donne sur la ville.

You can only use la when it is the direct object of the verb. For example: Où est la radio? Je ne la vois pas. (Here the subject of the verb is Je, the direct object is la, for "it").
thanks so much 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Design: Ceramics, Furniture or Jewellery Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 25 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (33)
97.06%
No (1)
2.94%

Watched Threads