Bevin
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Just some quick questions about the hazard perception test...
1) Does it matter how many times you click, say you saw one minor hazard and pressed, but it did not develop into something you had to act on, would you be penalised? Or does it only take into account how fast you reacted on the major hazard(s) they put into the video?

2) Generally how fast do you have to act onto a hazard to get the full 5 marks from each scene?

3) Can one scene actually contain no hazards just to catch you out, and if so do you get penalised for flagging something?

Thank you
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
x
Motorbiker
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Bevin)
1) Does it matter how many times you click, say you saw one minor hazard and pressed, but it did not develop into something you had to act on, would you be penalised? Or does it only take into account how fast you reacted on the major hazard(s) they put into the video?

2) Generally how fast do you have to act onto a hazard to get the full 5 marks from each scene?

3) Can one scene actually contain no hazards just to catch you out, and if so do you get penalised for flagging something?

Thank you
You can click many times. I clicked ten times on some clips. You'll be fine clicking for every potential hazard.

Within a second or so.

No but two(I think) scenes contain two hazards.

I'd strongly recommend downloading the app from the app store for your tablet or smartphone. It's very helpful. It costs a few quid but we'll worth it.

Oh and I moved this to our learning to drive section for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bevin
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Motorbiker)
You can click many times. I clicked ten times on some clips. You'll be fine clicking for every potential hazard.

Within a second or so.

No but two(I think) scenes contain two hazards.

I'd strongly recommend downloading the app from the app store for your tablet or smartphone. It's very helpful. It costs a few quid but we'll worth it.

Oh and I moved this to our learning to drive section for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(Original post by TSR Jessica)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Thank you very much I couldn't find a driving section, but thank you that's very helpful
mcgreevy1993
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Bevin)

Thank you

Hazard perception will test you on whether you click when you see a hazard, if it develops you click again.
Don't over click as you can fail. So click if you see a hazard, like a bicycle in the road or children crossing and click again if the hazard develops.
you are scored on how quickly you react to a hazard.
They're several youtube videos and online websites which can help you praticise, and they are defo worth a watch.

Youtube videos will show you examples on were they would click for hazards, this will give you an idea of when and where you need to be clicking. Just search hazard perception and a few will be useful.

Online websites will have a series of hazard perception mock tests and mark you and tell you if you passed the mock. This was really handy for my test - as I kept failing them and the praticse really helped me pass

You can buy a CD rom from places like WHSmiths which have all these guides too and mock tests, however i just used online sources for free and I got 65/75
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (220)
23.66%
Pop (230)
24.73%
Jazz (35)