reduced Alevel Grades Watch

This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Remember back in september when the exam boards were messing with coursework and people alevel grades?

Did anyone here get their AS ICT mark reduced cause I did and ended up with a D grade coursework which was marked by my teacher as B grade. This made me get an D instead of a B or even a C.

What do you think will happen this year?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
the same
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
sorry to here that mate. When I found out it really put me off IT which I was thinking of continuing to A level, but with a D at AS the best you can do is a C at A level.

The greatly dissapointment for me was that the examiner marking my coursework ruined the coursework, some kind of flood at their house, so a remark was impossible,
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
same here, my teacher gave me an A in my ict AS c/w, but the examiner gave me a C, i got a D overall. I actually disagree with you, i think examiners are stricter at marking then teachers, i knew my c/w was crap anyway so a C was a fair result.
MurphysMoment.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
My teachers admit they do not know how to mark the coursework and I got a B for the coursework for AS by the teacher than got moderated down to a 'C' and I got a C overall for AS: however I resat paper 2 and got 92% in the paper and got my mark brought up to a B; I then couldn't be arsed with the ICT coursework and got a D in it (moderated up from an E ) and just got two As in the theory I got a 'B' overall for A Level.
Brown Patrick Bateman
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
Remember back in september when the exam boards were messing with coursework and people alevel grades?

Did anyone here get their AS ICT mark reduced cause I did and ended up with a D grade coursework which was marked by my teacher as B grade. This made me get an D instead of a B or even a C.
Well if it's any consolation my 100% in GCSE IT coursework was re-moderated Grade D by the head of IT 3 days before the deadline...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (23)
16.91%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (54)
39.71%
Nope, not that interesting (59)
43.38%

Watched Threads